Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a graphic designer and I thought it would be cool to take the solstice image and make a poster with it. My idea was to utilize just the basic idea of the solstice, and bring in the colors it comes in to create an almost warhol-style image that is minimalist but still modern. The great thing about this car is that it does all the work for you design-wise. Let me know what you guys and girls think.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/3141527549.jpg&s=x2

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd make the sly one the biggest, jmho though... :lol:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
retardinacan1 said:
Hey everyone, I'm a graphic designer and I thought it would be cool to take the solstice image and make a poster with it. My idea was to utilize just the basic idea of the solstice, and bring in the colors it comes in to create an almost warhol-style image that is minimalist but still modern. The great thing about this car is that it does all the work for you design-wise. Let me know what you guys and girls think.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/3141527549.jpg&s=x2
NICE JOB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure I'm going to get all sorts of posts with everyone wanting their color to be the bigger one, but in the end I chose the white just because you end the image focusing simply on the car and not the color. It's just one of those kooky visual hiearchy things in design work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
retardinacan1 said:
I'm sure I'm going to get all sorts of posts with everyone wanting their color to be the bigger one, but in the end I chose the white just because you end the image focusing simply on the car and not the color. It's just one of those kooky visual hiearchy things in design work.

I can accept that... :thumbs:

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
retardinacan1 said:
:thumbs: :cool: Way, way cool. My son is in school for Industrial Design so I understand the concept of focus/visual hiearchy. (and no - I did not order the Pure, see my signature? SLY)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Nice poster art, but it needs to be 2' by 3' and hanging on my wall!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks y'all. I thought about doing a series of mock-up ads where they were using different type of artists' styles that would emphasize the design aspect of the solstice. In doing so, it would really show the public that the solstice is a work of art on its own. Also, I thought it would just be cool to when I finished to have them all printed out and really have them as posters.

·
Registered
120 Posts
:agree: :agree:
I'd buy one as well.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
MomsSol said:
:thumbs: :cool: Way, way cool. My son is in school for Industrial Design so I understand the concept of focus/visual hiearchy. (and no - I did not order the Pure, see my signature? SLY)
Very nice... I liked the PURE being the largest :devil: (see sig ;) )
Add www.solsticeforum.com across the bottom maybe?

"Cool in any color"
POSTER
"www.solsticeforum.com" ???

Just a thought from a "non-artistic" type.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, I actually am a designer for a print company so I'm going to see if there is someway I can't get some of these printed. If I'm able to I'll let y'all know and see if I can't get them out there for those who'd like one.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've noted this post for when we finally get the CafePress off the ground. This would be an awesome item to add to a list of items.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts