Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is interested :two of the magazines I subscribe to had Solstice articles in them Grassroots Motorsports (august issue) had a Solstice buyers guide some nice info and Hemmings Classic Car(august issue)had an article about Wayne Cherry GM Vice President of Design one of the people who had a hand in designing the Solstice ,they have a nice picture which looks a prototype coupe accompanying the it.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
The GRM August issue isn't out yet and the Aug 2012 has no article....??

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a subscription got it yesterday it is the august 2013 issue on the cover is a red Dodge Daytona Charger and in the upper right hand corner is a Solstice with the heading Hidden Gem? hope this helps

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Yes, thanks. Frustrating - I'll have to wait a month or two for it to come out here.

I just had an article published on one of my cars in a British MG magazine and while others that subscribe have it already, I'll be waiting on that a couple of months too. Damn!! Wish they all had digital versions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, thanks. Frustrating - I'll have to wait a month or two for it to come out here.

I just had an article published on one of my cars in a British MG magazine and while others that subscribe have it already, I'll be waiting on that a couple of months too. Damn!! Wish they all had digital versions!
Grassroots Motorsports (and its sister magazine Classic Motorsports) are available digitally through Apple's Newstand. I'm Canadian too and these are my favourite mags (and digital is way cheaper than Chapters).

I read the Grassroots Solstice article with interest as I'm looking at replacing my 91 500SL (summer only car, looking for something smaller). Grassroots weren't entirely complimentary, more like "wish GM had kept at it for a few more years as they had a good base and were almost there".

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
AutoWeek Solstice Articles . . .

Been an AutoWeek subscriber since finishing my Nam-Era service in the mid-60s. Began collecting Opel- and Solstice-related (Opel Ecotec engines) AutoWeek articles to publish on my Opel group site in early 2000. Thought the Solstice-related articles from the early days might be of interest here as well. Just click and enjoy . . .

·
Registered
693 Posts
i will have to look at that.saw an article that briefly mentioned the solstice in a recent car craft also,mainly concerning the designer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts