Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email that there is a Solstice (non F1k at that too) that is sitting at Sharrett Pontiac in Hagerstown Md. It is sold, but the customer is on vacation so it will be available for looking at until Monday. Just FYI. :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Delivered before F1K????

deepdawg said:
I just got an email that there is a Solstice (non F1k at that too) that is sitting at Sharrett Pontiac in Hagerstown Md. It is sold, but the customer is on vacation so it will be available for looking at until Monday. Just FYI. :cool:

How was that delivered before all the F1K's were delivered - I thought that was going to be a big no-no for Pontiac/GM???!!!???

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
morts01 said:
How was that delivered before all the F1K's were delivered - I thought that was going to be a big no-no for Pontiac/GM???!!!???
Well...it is certainly possible that the salesperson is wrong. As I have not seen it myself, I will assume that he is wrong. He did state it is Sly with two tone interior...just in case anyone wants to see one.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deepdawg said:
Well...it is certainly possible that the salesperson is wrong. As I have not seen it myself, I will assume that he is wrong. He did state it is Sly with two tone interior...just in case anyone wants to see one.
There seem to be a number of pre-production Solstices making the rounds of the dealerships as demo cars. There is one car like that at my dealership this week. Perhaps this car is one of those and your salesman is mistaken.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I was told that after the last F1K left the Wilmington lot, they were going to start shipping the post F1K. This makes sense. Think about it. They can't wait for all F1K cars to be in the owner's hands before shipping the rest. What if a car fell off the truck in transit, or it takes 3 weeks to get to CA. They're not going to wait that long before shipping post F1K cars. Waiting for the last handful of cars to reach the owner's garage is silly.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No the first one thousand want everyone to have to wait until all their cars are delivered to the owners before any other cars are shipped. Or until it snows, whichever comes later, so nobody but the first one thousand actually get to enjoy their cars this year.

Sorry, but this debate is OLD OLD OLD. :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I was told that after the last F1K left the Wilmington lot, they were going to start shipping the post F1K. This makes sense. Think about it. They can't wait for all F1K cars to be in the owner's hands before shipping the rest. What if a car fell off the truck in transit, or it takes 3 weeks to get to CA. They're not going to wait that long before shipping post F1K cars. Waiting for the last handful of cars to reach the owner's garage is silly.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

I heard the same thing, and thats how it should be.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deluke said:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

I heard the same thing, and thats how it should be.
Definitely NOT a mule...this one is a customers car as no one is allowed to sit in it. Actually, salespersone stated that the car was not allowed to stay on the showroom floor because the cars owner wouldnt allow it. They are just showing people the outside of the car.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That means I should get my car within the next 18 months! :party:

·
Registered
152 Posts
deepdawg said:
Definitely NOT a mule...this one is a customers car as no one is allowed to sit in it. Actually, salespersone stated that the car was not allowed to stay on the showroom floor because the cars owner wouldnt allow it. They are just showing people the outside of the car.
I plan on instructing my dealer NOT to put my car in the showroom. I want my a$$ to be the first NON GM employee in the car. I don't want people pawing my car. that's what demos are for.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
deepdawg said:
It's about time reg. allocation cars start showing up. WE want our Solstice GM Start Shipping more.

·
Registered
729 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
That means I should get my car within the next 18 months! :party:
AH, as a computer gamer myself, I love your VIN #!!!!!

By the way, since you speak of 18 months, when did you order your car??

I want to order one NOW, but I'm afraid I would never get one at the rate the orders are coming in and the rate the cars are being moved out!! I would like to hear from someone who has ordered their car in the last month and what they have heard about availibility.

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Your really have to shop around dealers to find one that has first allocation cars. Or better yet someone who has dropped out. That would be the only way to get a 2006.

good luck. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well..Im going tomorrow to see it. I have seen one, sat in one, rode in one...but have not seen the two tone..so I will make the 90 mile trip tomorrow..just to agonize over the long wait I still have ahead...oh the torture us humans put ourselves through! Why cant we be more like primates...where just eating a tick off the back of our loved ones is entertainment enough? hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
deepdawg said:
A first allocation was sold last week up in New Hampshire. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
bspate said:
AH, as a computer gamer myself, I love your VIN #!!!!!

By the way, since you speak of 18 months, when did you order your car??

I want to order one NOW, but I'm afraid I would never get one at the rate the orders are coming in and the rate the cars are being moved out!! I would like to hear from someone who has ordered their car in the last month and what they have heard about availibility.

- bspate -
I was only joking about the 18 months...My car is in transit. hope to get it this week or next. Yeah, dori-san hates me :lol: I didn't understand the meaning of 1337 until I did some research. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85620&postcount=19

You need to do some "dialing for dollars". find a dealer that still has 1st allocation available. I think there's someone in PA with a first 4 month allocation without a list....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Solstices In Rochester Ny

THERE ARE TWO PREPRODUCTION CARS AT PATRICK PONTIAC TODAY THRU SAT. RED WITH BLACK LEATHER PAINTED WHEELS AND BLACK WITH BLACK LEATHER POLISHED WHEELS. SAT IN THE RED, JUST LIKE MY ORDER.. SWEEET!! MINE IS 3400, NON IST 1000, COMING OCT ?? TO JOIN THE SPENCERPORT GANG!! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone..

Has anyone confirmed this is actually at the dealer to see?? Hagerstown is a bit of a drive for me but I would be willing to do it if I knew for sure it was there to see.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I don't think anyone can confirm these are post 1000 cars. As posted by "a Friend" today they started shipping post 1000 this monday. I don't think anyone saw the cars, they are just assuming what they heard was correct. But I don't think so.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Pre1000 in Doylestown, PA

there is a pre1000 at Fred Beans Pontiac in Doylestown, PA. I also asked about ordering one now and was told the earliest you would take delivery would be March 1, 2006.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts