Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add in the Chicago tribune today for Bill Kay Pontiac. Says he has one in stock and ready for delivery. Went on to his web site and states it is VIN#173 he also has a stock No. assigned to the car. He is open Labor day. Those not in the 1st 1000 may have an opportunity, IF IT IS TRUE.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
$24,250
Vehicle Accessories
2.4 Liter
4 Cylinder Engine
4-Wheel ABS
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
5-Speed M/T
A/C
Adjustable Steering Wheel
AIR CONDITIONING FRONT MANUAL
AM/FM Stereo
Auxiliary Pwr Outlet
BRAKES 4-WHEEL ANTILOCK
CD Changer
CD Player
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
Cruise Control
CUSTOMER DIALOGUE NETWORK
Daytime Running Lights
Driver Air Bag
Driver Vanity Mirror
ENGINE ECOTEC 2.4L DOHC 4-CYLINDER SFI ALUMINUM
Fog Lamps
Front Reading Lamps
Gasoline Fuel
Intermittent Wipers
Leather Seats
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
M/T
Manual
MP3 Player
Passenger Air Bag
Power Door Locks
Power Driver Mirror
POWER PACKAGE
Power Passenger Mirror
Power Steering
Power Windows
PREMIUM PACKAGE
Premium Sound System
Rear Defrost
Rear Wheel Drive
Remote Keyless Entry
Remote Trunk Release
Satellite Radio
SOUND SYSTEM ETR AM/FM STEREO WITH 6-DISC CD PLAYER/MP3 PLAYBACK IN-DASH
SOUND SYSTEM FEATURE MONSOON PREMIUM SPEAKER SYSTEM
SOUND SYSTEM FEATURE XM SATELLITE RADIO
Steering Wheel Controls
Tires - Front Performance
Tires - Rear Performance
TRANSMISSION 5-SPEED MANUAL CLOSE-RATIO
Vehicle Anti-Theft System

·
Registered
278 Posts
you didn't just buy it did you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bob-o, You are correct!!!!! I called the dealer and they've had this car for about a week and a half. Guess EOP waiting list people are going to be ticked-off. I got a price from the sales person of $32,500. This price is without the Polished chrome wheels. This may also be a reason why no one has bought this car , because there is about a $7000 mark-up on this car. The salesman also said that they are charging this, because of what they are selling for on ebay. I'll probably go into the dealership on Monday just to actually see an actual real live solstice in person and i'll let you know how the journey went. Chris

·
2,574 Posts
sisko said:
Bob-o, You are correct!!!!! I called the dealer and they've had this car for about a week and a half. Guess EOP waiting list people are going to be ticked-off. I got a price from the sales person of $32,500. This price is without the Polished chrome wheels. This may also be a reason why no one has bought this car , because there is about a $7000 mark-up on this car. The salesman also said that they are charging this, because of what they are selling for on ebay. I'll probably go into the dealership on Monday just to actually see an actual real live solstice in person and i'll let you know how the journey went. Chris

looks like no wheel upgrade, no lsd, mats or On Star (obviously) for $24,250. Then add $8,250 for a sore keister just because he pulled a fast one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We are going to see a lot of that going on until next spring. I foresee a $3K to $7.5K "price adjustment" by the dealers wishing to gouge. It's MSRP,,,,,,,,meaning 'suggested retail price'. Just like the Chevy dealers bumping the SSR's $10K over window,,,when new. Only GM zone allocations of the new Solstice might curtail those practices??? :brentil:

I'll dig into my fox hole until the smoke clears.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
They can suggest all they want over MSRP but hope no one pays it :jester:

·
Registered
278 Posts
but you know someone will pay it just to have one of the first ones.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mark-ups......

mceb said:
They can suggest all they want over MSRP but hope no one pays it :jester:
Unfortunately, people will pay $7,000-$10,000 over MSRP once the cars hit the streets and magazines. This will occur in Southern California. I've seen it with so many newly introduced models... :(

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Hmm... I checked out GMbuypower.com for the dealership and inventory, but that doesn't show they have a Solstice. Doesn't mean much I guess... but usually I find GMbuypower to be an accurate account of inventory (24 hours old usually, but accurate).

Interested in what's going on though... and hoping nobody pays the premium.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I agree. I hope all dealers who are trying to take advantage of the situation find themselves with cars they can't sell unless they lower the price. It probably won't happen, based upon the hype over the Solstice, but I would still like to see them forced into getting the pricing close to where it should be.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Maybe instead of a speed contest, the winning of the Solstice should have been based upon filling out a lengthy questionnaire, a quick credit to make sure the person was a) solvent and b) still alive. Question number 1 should have been when did you first hear of the Solstice? If the Answer given was The Apprentice show, it was put into pile B.

There had to be a way to determine genuine interest in this car. Those are the folks who should have gotten the first 1000 cars. And if their circumstances changed before delivery, the cars should have gone to the waitlisted people.

·
Registered
31 Posts
49 north - Interesting...... If the Answer given was watching "The Apprentice" show ,,,GM should have asked: 1 - does this person have a life? 2 - does this person have expectations of working for Donald Trump?,,, then throw the applications into the trash can.

Step aside,,,,let the real car nuts buy the cars first :willy:

·
Registered
167 Posts
ntouched said:
Unfortunately, people will pay $7,000-$10,000 over MSRP once the cars hit the streets and magazines. This will occur in Southern California. I've seen it with so many newly introduced models... :(
It truly is sad that someone will probably pay that price because they have money to burn. If they have that much money to burn instead of giving it to a greedy dealer who doesn't need it, send it to the Katrina Hurricane relief to help those people who virtually have nothing. Peoples priorities are screwed up!!!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I found out here on the forum that the Solstice was going to be featured on "The Apprentice". Because of that fact, I watched each episode of the show this season. I put down my deposit in January '05 for my Solstice, but have been folowing all the news about the Solstice since it was first introduced in 2002. I think the tie-in with "The Apprentice" was a brilliant marketing move. The timing could have been better, but since all the shows were taped months before they were aired, Pontiac was locked in to the time frame. Surely more people were introduced to the Solstice on that show than the G6 introduction on the Oprah show. I'm still waiting for my Solstice, not too patiently though. I was at my dealership an hour and a half before the registration opened on April 15, but like so many others, my order was not finalized until all of the first 1000 were gone. I ended up first in my dealers first allocation of 5, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Oh well :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
jimmyo,
From the GM production numbers which have been posted, it looks like production is moving past the first 1k. With any luck the rate should increase as more are built. Hopefully that means your car will be sitting in your driveway within a month or two. Good luck. :thumbs:

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

PhxSunCat said:
49 north - Interesting...... If the Answer given was watching "The Apprentice" show ,,,GM should have asked: 1 - does this person have a life? 2 - does this person have expectations of working for Donald Trump?,,, then throw the applications into the trash can.

Step aside,,,,let the real car nuts buy the cars first :willy:

Actually....I went to our local new car show and they had a Solstice on display in the GM area, however, I avoided even going over to look at it because I thought it was a concept car and would remain that way. I loved the car but thought it would only make thiongs worse if I went over and had a look.

The next night the Apprentice featured the car and stated that it was now for sale and I was out the door and at the dealer placing an order.

I now have two on order and can't wait til they arrive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not fair

I’ve been following the Solstice for about two years now and tried to order it, around January of this year, but was told that I was too early. Then the apprentice comes along and gets 9000 orders in less than a half hour!

I immediately ordered my car, but my dealer told me that I wouldn’t receive it until next year!

Now there’s price gouging and increases!

I need a new car and I’ve been holding on to my old car, far longer than I should, while waiting for the Solstice. I don’t think that I can wait much longer!

All the dealerships, in my area, haven’t received a single car. This isn’t fair…

1 - 20 of 42 Posts