Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m at a dealership in Dickenson, TX and there is a silver Solstice GXP here for service. Is this anybody’s baby? And what’s it in for??? I was just curious...it's in awesome shape!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not mine. Mine's an NA. Live just up the road from Dickinson though. I do see a few around here but don't know any other owners. Did park nose to nose with a silver Sky earlier this week at the Cabela's.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Old_Sol we can get together after I get back from the Nationals. I would like to introduce you to some of our locals. I'm in the NASA area.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'm thinkin' that after the dust settles from NASSAM, another Great Shrimp Massacree will prolly be in order. :drool:

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG!! How does anyone live down here in Texas!! 108 degree heat index...I'm miserable!! I think I lost 20lbs this week from sweating my a$$ off!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
:glol:
Hate to break it to you, but it ain't hot, yet...
This is what we refer to as "springtime". Still a while before summer rolls around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd go look, but I never make it past Gilhooley's... :cheers: :cheers:
Used to live a couple blocks from there until Ike rolled through. Love me some Oysters Gilhooley.

Then again, at work I'm not too far from Tommy's. During pirate months (months with an AARRRRRR!!) they have a happy hour with $5.50 martinis and $6/dozen oysters on the half shell.

·
Registered
294 Posts
OMG!! How does anyone live down here in Texas!! 108 degree heat index...I'm miserable!! I think I lost 20lbs this week from sweating my a$$ off!!
Unfortunately I do for family and work reasons. I tried to reason with others to get people to move back up north, but doesn't work.

IMO, Houston is liveable 7 months(October thru April) and not 5 months(May thru Sept- avg temp those months is 75 to 95).

Wicked winter Boston on the other hand is liveable 9 months and not liveable 3(Dec thru Feb, but if you have reliable heat)

Not my solstice, its red and with the heat; I wont be driving it much until October.

·
Registered
294 Posts
In Texas, we have heat. Up north (I'm originally from NJ), they have snow. I don't have to shovel heat.
well, everyone has their own perspective I guess. I checked the historical average temps for the year for Houston, Dallas and Manchester NH after moving down to Houston and for me there are 3 unlivable month for Manchester and 5 for most anywhere in Texas. From May to Oct. 1, both Houston and Dallas are between 75 and 95 with heat indexes over 100 for much of that.
Manchester really only has December thru February where snow can be a big deal and I have had no snow in February before. Long story short, I'm moving back to new England if the right job comes about.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It isn't bad down here, you get used to it. Lived here my whole life.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yup, that would pretty much be Summer. The rest o' year is Not Summer. Why have 4 seasons when you can compress it to 2. ;)

Anyway, if you're still around, the dates have been set for the 2nd Great Shrimp Massacree. LINKY
Thanks, but am going to carmel California to of out of the heat in august.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It isn't bad down here, you get used to it. Lived here my whole life.
heat in index was 106 in Houston today and they had a heat warning last week and it's not even july yet. I know there's 3 million people living in Houston but if they think that's okay; the fault lies with them.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I suggest Brawley, California instead of Carmel. Just teasing. It gets hot everywhere anymore. The Houston area has a lot of humidity it seemed when I was there. We are setting in Amarillo right this minute. It is 71 degrees and very nice. Will be 95 tomorrow I guess. We just left Missouri and Arkansas, it was very humid almost every day. Near 100 degrees and like humidity. The humidity for me is what makes it hot. I can deal with above 100, as that is normal where I live, but put humidity over 75% and it gets ugly very quickly.

The advantage of Texas would be the night driving in the winter months over the New England area I would think. I can't deal with much snow and if it gets below 65, I am not a fan of the area.

If I were a young person, I would move to St George, UT in a heart beat. love the area and the weather. Gets a little warm in the summer but normally pretty nice in the winter months.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UGH!!!! Just found out I'll be back down there July 11th - July 15th....NOOOOOO!!!! I WILL MELT!!! I've tried to tell my job to quit sending me north in the winter and south in the summer....they must hate me!!! I think they're trying to kill me!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts