Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys
Just wanted to give you guys an update on one of our products. Our Solstice is at Eibach today. They are test fitting the Eibach Pro Kit and Sportline spring kit on our car. We have been working with Eibach in the last month or so to develop these kits for the Solstice. They are also taking measurements for new sway bars. We should have a 1" to 1.5" (Pro Kit) lowering kit on our car for the West Coast Solstice meet for you guys to check out. Below is a mock up of what the springs should look like. I should have actual photos of the car before lowering and after in the next day or 2.

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anxiously await (have practice doing so) Seriously, looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
How about polyurethane bushings? Not having a car yet, I'm not sure what I'll think it needs. I have driven one now (a big THANK YOU to Crimson Avenger!) but not enough to really assess what kind of suspension mods I might want to do. I usually take my suspension mods in stages, starting with simple bushing upgrades. Do you plan to offer a poly kit (with new end link "dog bones")?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You're welcome!

2KWK4U said:
I have driven one now (a big THANK YOU to Crimson Avenger!) but not enough to really assess what kind of suspension mods I might want to do.
You're most welcome. I'm sorry that we didn't have time for more, and it would have been really fun to find more curves, but it was still great to see you again. :)

For the benefit of the audience, I stopped by 2KWK4U's place on our way out of Monterey after the American Le Mans Series and Speed World Challenge finals at Laguna Seca this last weekend. He and I took 821 out for a bit of a romp, then about 1/3 of the way out, when we found a nice side street, I took the right seat and let our very own 2KWK4U drive the rest of the loop back. (He did manage to get it to bark the tires from first to second, so I think he had a good time. :cool: ) We didn't find too many curves, but a great time was had by all. :yesnod:

He's the second alternate driver I've helped out this way....

Oh, my wife and I did manage to pack quite comfortably for a 4 day/3 night stay in Monterey and were still able to put the top down. There was still a bit more room, so we could have taken more with us, but it was a good trip. I'll write it up in a separate thread.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We got our Solstice back from Eibach today. The car looks awesome now that it sits about 1" lower. Handling is quicker with alot less sway during turn-in. The car rides firmer without too much tradeoff in comfort. We'll attack the canyons this weekend to get a better feel for the differences.

Eibach wants our Solstice back after SEMA to develop their Sportline kit. It'll drop the car even further which I suspect will be too much for most - even me.

I'll wash our baby tomorrow morn and attempt to post the before and after shots of the lowering kit.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Based on other information I thought the drop is more like and 1 1/4 (with this springs) and the sports suspension will be a 2" drop. How about the sway bars that Eibach is also making for the Solstice or does your car have both?.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
shinoo said:
We got our Solstice back from Eibach today. The car looks awesome now that it sits about 1" lower. Handling is quicker with alot less sway during turn-in. The car rides firmer without too much tradeoff in comfort. We'll attack the canyons this weekend to get a better feel for the differences.

Eibach wants our Solstice back after SEMA to develop their Sportline kit. It'll drop the car even further which I suspect will be too much for most - even me.

I'll wash our baby tomorrow morn and attempt to post the before and after shots of the lowering kit.
Cool. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Based on other information I thought the drop is more like and 1 1/4 (with this springs) and the sports suspension will be a 2" drop. How about the sway bars that Eibach is also making for the Solstice or does your car have both?.
This is their first prototype so the final production version may be slightly lower. I honestly don't think it will be prudent to go much lower for a daily driver Solstice.

Eibach does NOT have a sway bar kit or Sportline kit ready or even in development. They've asked us to help them to develop these goodies after the SEMA rush is over. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Shinoo:
Then what is this?.
EIB-38105.320 Eibach Anti Roll Sway Bar Kit
I know they are not available yet, but sometime in late 2005.

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
shinoo said:

Are these springs Progressive design?

Give it a few weeks and the car should sit a bit lower, I've noticed all the springs I've put on generally settle after a few weeks. Wheres the pics :cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Shinoo:
Then what is this?.
EIB-38105.320 Eibach Anti Roll Sway Bar Kit
I know they are not available yet, but sometime in late 2005.
I'm guessing the pic is a kit for another car. :rolleyes: As of this past Friday, they were not ready with a kit and in fact solicited our help in developing one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
Are these springs Progressive design?
Yes, they are progressive.

Today the Stig and I drove it on some of our favorite twisties. The car now handles much more nuetral. Understeer is still prevalent at the limit (which we believe is a good thing for most). The car handles great. We are a coupla picky bastages when it comes to handling. These springs deliver the goods. Sliding the rear is very easy and so is catching it! :devil: Drove it on a date with my wife last night and she was very happy with the ride comfort.

The 1" drop makes the car look really good. There is a reason why OEMs lower their cars for Auto Shows and brochure shots! ;) Pictures are coming shortly...

Our goal with our mods has been to further increase the overall sporty feeling without destroying the Solstice's day to day driveability and comfort. The protos of our intake, exhaust and now springs, all improve the Solstice in a way that most of you will appreciate. We've got plenty more products in the works that will continue to polish this fine jewel of a car!

·
Registered
214 Posts
2KWK4U said:
How about polyurethane bushings? Do you plan to offer a poly kit (with new end link "dog bones")?
Yes, we should have a kit. I do agree that this is a good place to eliminate some slop in stock systems. The tradeoff is additional noise, though with routine lubrication the bushings can be kept fairly quiet.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Can't wait to see these products. Good to see a healthy aftermarket already forming in year one.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Hey-o, Kappasphere...

Any way of sharing the spring specs? I saw they are progressive, and they lower the car, so I'm now wondering what the rate progression looks like.

Did you/Eibach alter the jounce bumpers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
905 Posts
shabby said:
With a 1.5" drop, wouldnt this put the solstice having a mere 3" of ground clearance?
I believe it's 3.9" stock so 2.4" after the drop :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok guys... here are the numbers:

1" drop in the front
1.25" drop in the rear

And it looks like this...

STOCK ride height:

KAPPASPHERE ride height:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts