Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had one there, black with black leather. you could not open the doors, but the top was down and I was able to reach in. the controls had good tactile feedback - wipers, turn signals, head lights, steering wheel controls. same fit problem on the hood/front fascia. none of the GM reps there knew anything, they even said the cars arrival at this show was a surprise - they did not expect it.

I did not have a digital camera with me (sorry) - any NYers here that can get over there, go to the Pontiac booth.

·
5,641 Posts
mobboss said:
where is the show on Long Island? I'm on the east end and would love to see a Sol in person.

www.autoshowinmotion.com

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
1255 Hempstead Turnpike
Uniondale, NY 11553

Thursday - Sunday
June 16-19

Thursday - Sunday
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nassau Coliseum - a well run event, lots of cars to drive, food, etc. too bad they didn't have this Solstice running around.

·
Registered
460 Posts
going too see my baby with my baby

Any perticular pics you people want.????
Mat i know an usher from going to see the Dead there many times he said for a few extra bucks he 'll let me slip it out the stage door. Maybe we can go for a road trip to show ours off??? What ya think
PEACE PEOPLE ENJOY thanks for the tip :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
dozin said:
Any perticular pics you people want.????
Mat i know an usher from going to see the Dead there many times he said for a few extra bucks he 'll let me slip it out the stage door. Maybe we can go for a road trip to show ours off??? What ya think
PEACE PEOPLE ENJOY thanks for the tip :grouphug:
I'd like to see some good pics all around the roof where it meets the body. I don't just mean the wings though... across the rear window, the sides of the car and the wings would be nice. I don't think the wings are meant to seal to the car at all (which was the thought on here previously), and the only seal runs across the back and seals against the trunk.

I'd also like to see a few pics up into the wheel wells if possible. I know it will be dark, but anything that shows how much travel we have available would be nice. Take a ruler or a dollar bill or something and give a good representation as to how low the Sol sits at the front facia, near all four tires, and the rear if possilbe.

Forget about the "gaps" and body fit issues...we know that won't be production. I think we have lots of shots of the interior, however anything with the waterfall open, or cup holders out would be nice again. A shot behind the seats, and a shot up under the front dash (the pedals) would be nice... in fact a shot up under the dash on both sides would be great.

Those are all areas which have been missed previously...

·
Registered
460 Posts
rlhammon said:
I'd like to see some good pics all around the roof where it meets the body. I don't just mean the wings though... across the rear window, the sides of the car and the wings would be nice. I don't think the wings are meant to seal to the car at all (which was the thought on here previously), and the only seal runs across the back and seals against the trunk.

I'd also like to see a few pics up into the wheel wells if possible. I know it will be dark, but anything that shows how much travel we have available would be nice. Take a ruler or a dollar bill or something and give a good representation as to how low the Sol sits at the front facia, near all four tires, and the rear if possilbe.

Forget about the "gaps" and body fit issues...we know that won't be production. I think we have lots of shots of the interior, however anything with the waterfall open, or cup holders out would be nice again. A shot behind the seats, and a shot up under the front dash (the pedals) would be nice... in fact a shot up under the dash on both sides would be great.

Will do my best to post them on monday

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thought that I read somewhere on here that the passenger cupholder on the show cars wasn't really there(it didn't work or something, like it was just for show) That and inside the waterfall would be awesome pics though...;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nix Sol said:
I thought that I read somewhere on here that the passenger cupholder on the show cars wasn't really there(it didn't work or something, like it was just for show) That and inside the waterfall would be awesome pics though...;)
on any of the test cars that I have seen it doesn't work

·
Registered
34 Posts
Car Show

I spent about 20 minutes with the black solstice with ebony interior at the Long Island car show. I am having major second thoughts about getting the car. The exterior I like a lot. I ordered a black and I think I want a white one but there are no pictures of white anywhere other than the computer generated ones by GM, which are not real to me. I also want to pull the solstice behind my RV and I don't know whether the front end is designed for this.

The main concern is the ebony interior is very much two tone. It is black and steel (or at least dark gray)...it is NOT one solid color. Just think of the sand/steel and picture the steel part being black and the sand part being dark gray. There are way too many colors going on with the ebony...seems like every gray/black piece is a different tone. I don't know...I know this is preproduction, but part of me really wants to see all the different interior options in person as well as the color of the cars.

I thought this would help clear things up, but now I am more confused than ever. The wheels are nice, but the guy could not tell me whether they were regular, polished or chrome...they looked chrome to me.

To give you an example...the steering wheel was black where you put your hands, yet dark gray where the airbag is, then the console where the stereo is was a different gray, the dash was a different black than the seats. It's a nice car, but these color differences bother me.

I think the safe choice may be sand/steel because at least then it is suppose to be a different color. If you get black then you should get black all the way around...not six different tones of black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, I do not own a digital camera. The wheel wells could not be determined, because they had the solstice on a ramp at an angle, so on the passenger side where all the weight was...there was very little room...barely could fit my hand in there...on the other side there seemed to be nearly 3 inches...but I think when it is sitting down there may be room for 19 inch wheel upgrade...but I doubt you would get 20s on that car.

The VIN number was 00004...and the pontiac guy said this preproduction car will be crushed when they are finished with it. So sad. He also said that on the apprentice the car was just a shell, that they pulled it with a rope when showing it in motion. I dont know if that is true, just repeating what he said.

The conv top was down so there was no way of looking at how the top was designed...this was disappointing because it seems there are many worries about how the top will look and function.

I couldn't sit in it either. :( However, I will conclude that it was the best looking vehicle there in the GM line up (IMO).

I would just like a picture of one in WHITE (pure). And also would like to know if the thing can be towed from the front, but I doubt anybody could answer this question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cup Holder

The only cupholder that I saw was one between the two seats at chest height...it slides out as one piece that holds two cups. Looked awkward to put cups in, but I am use to the one in an Audi TT YET this one was higher...hmm.

·
5,641 Posts
educationk12 said:
I also want to pull the solstice behind my RV and I don't know whether the front end is designed for this.
From the Solstice owner's manual:

Recreational Vehicle Towing
Notice: Dolly towing or dinghy towing your vehicle may cause damage because of reduced ground clearance. Always put your vehicle on a flatbed truck.

Your vehicle was neither designed nor intended to be towed with any of its wheels on the ground. If your vehicle must be towed, see "Towing Your Vehicle" earlier in this section.

Towing Your Vehicle
Consult your dealer or a professional towing service if you need to have your disabled vehicle towed. See Roadside Assistance Program .

·
Registered
34 Posts
small dealer

;) Wow, I didnt think there would be an answer for that question until they are produced in mass quantities. Good to know that I need to pull a flatbed truck behind the RV with the solstice on it...totally kidding. Thanks for taking the time to look that up and typing it out for me. I didnt know the owners manuals were out yet either.

·
Registered
460 Posts
educationk12 said:
Sorry, I do not own a digital camera. The wheel wells could not be determined, because they had the solstice on a ramp at an angle, so on the passenger side where all the weight was...there was very little room...barely could fit my hand in there...on the other side there seemed to be nearly 3 inches...but I think when it is sitting down there may be room for 19 inch wheel upgrade...but I doubt you would get 20s on that car.

The VIN number was 00004...and the pontiac guy said this preproduction car will be crushed when they are finished with it. So sad. He also said that on the apprentice the car was just a shell, that they pulled it with a rope when showing it in motion. I dont know if that is true, just repeating what he said.

The conv top was down so there was no way of looking at how the top was designed...this was disappointing because it seems there are many worries about how the top will look and function.

I couldn't sit in it either. :( However, I will conclude that it was the best looking vehicle there in the GM line up (IMO).

I would just like a picture of one in WHITE (pure). And also would like to know if the thing can be towed from the front, but I doubt anybody could answer this question.
Going to see our new premature cousin in the Am at the LI show. Education thanks for the verbal review. I will try to get the best pictures I can. Ed did you try to get them to work the top. I’ll see what I can get done after all I’m a new customer. Mods how do i post the pics when i get them.
PEACE ENJOY RICH

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I was there about 30 minutes before closing, so the pontiac people were a bit exhausted to deal with too many questions. At least that is what I gathered. I doubt they will touch the car...i.e. open or close any part of it. It seemed like that anyways.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
educationk12 said:
The main concern is the ebony interior is very much two tone. It is black and steel (or at least dark gray)...it is NOT one solid color. Just think of the sand/steel and picture the steel part being black and the sand part being dark gray. There are way too many colors going on with the ebony...seems like every gray/black piece is a different tone.
Was this the cloth or leather interior that you were looking at?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts