Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad that I'm not alone in the world of people obsessed with a car that has very little information out and won't be released for atleast another year. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, I am constantly staring at the background of my desktop both at work and home. However crazy it might sound, I find it interesting at work to leave my background up whenever I'm not working on the computer and see how many people ask about it. I can honestly say that 95% of the people who come by the office ask about the car and really like the way it looks, though when I mention it won't be out for another year there is an obvious - are you nuts? - look that comes across as they wonder why I have a car that isn't mine up. I previously had a Celica GT-S and while I had that background on my desktop I also got many questions similar to now... Wow, what kind of car is that? How much does that cost? Etc... I can only hope that by the time the car comes out I'll be ready to trade-in my Spec-V for the super/turbo charged Solstice :devil

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I've got the really small sales brochure from Detroit up at my desk at work with the pictures facing out, and have also gotten numerous questions regarding the Solstice. There are a lot of people excited about this car, although I am sure many will not end up buying a limited use vehicle. At least around here, there is just too little season for using Convertables in Buffalo for most people. Thats ok with me, I'd rather not own the same car as everyone else in town, but I cannot afford a Ferrari! :smile

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Same here DevlynSyde, I have the wallpaper on my PC and people love the look of it. Heard lot's of ohs and ahs when people would see it at the car show in person. You've found the right place for Solstice nuts here :thumbs

·
Registered
151 Posts
same here with the wallpaper!

my boss saw it and asked what kind of car it was until he saw the grille, then he says, is THAT a pontiac?

needless to say, he loved it. he drives a BMW 328 convertible, and even he told me to save my money to get this car instead of buying a 2nd gen DSM convertible.

all i know is that im obsessed with this car and won't be satisfied until i get to drive one.

either way, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Agree, I have shown the Solstice to several people, and they all have liked it. I think it has pretty universal styling appeal, unlike some of the current BMWs, which people seem to love or hate. I think the Solstice definitely has that sports car look that is appealing to everyone except the tree huggers that think we should all be riding bikes 30 miles to work...

Many people have also expressed their surprise that it is a Pontiac. They immediately assumed it was something Euro because of the good styling... That's a darn good sign for Pontiac, although I guess it means they have a lot of work to do on their other models like the Grand Prix and GTO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Overall the car looks great, but I think the front end is a bit ugly. I just don't like that super smooth round look. It's probably the only Pontiac I've ever seen that I think the rear/side profile looks far better than the front.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ditto on the PC background. I've got webshots, so I put every picture I could find into my collection and everyday it cycles to a new background and then the screen saver cycles through them all as well. I don't know how many people have seen the pictures and asked me about the Solstice. They all think it's really cool and can't believe that it's a Pontiac. Only 1 more year!! YAY! (People think I'm nuts for that too!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only four hundred and some days, give or take a few.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts