Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for you guys. I started autocrossing this year and am hooked! The first race was in a different section then where I live and was for corvettes only, the course was big and long enough to let my C4 stretch its legs a bit and by the end of the day I was in the top 25%. Then I raced in my home sector where the courses seem to be much smaller and much tighter and with the vette I struggle badly.

So this off season I want to get a pretty much auto X dedicated car. I would like it to be a roadster and it HAS to be American (That's just how I am) I would really like to get a solstice but am worried I don't or won't fit in the car.... I'm 6'3" and 260 lbs I plan to be back to my military weight of 230lbs but am not sure ill fit. Any advice is greatly appreciated .

I have no problem going to racing seats if it gives me more cockpit room.

Before its said I live in MT and yes I have been out looking for dealers with used ones to try sitting in but can't find a single one...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
There was one here for sale you may want to look into.
It may still be for sale. Look in the for sale section.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
It was built for Bob Lutz, who is not a small man.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm 6'5" 240lb, and autox with stock seats. I can run in the rain with top up and helmet on, but will bang helmet against side rail. Mine is an 09 base NA (Z0K) with the plain fabric seats. The seat cushion has collapsed slightly. My only real issue is left knee on window crank. But with seatback a little more upright, I can slide back a little further on the seat rails, and pretty much get legs under wheel.

George M

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I'm 6-2 @ 240 and I'm a tight fit. When I bought it, I had to stop and take a rest break due to leg cramping on my 100 mile trip home. The problem is the distance between the pedals and the backrest. I wear 32" length jeans.
You might have to shorten your legs.

09 GXP 5 spd
Trifecta Tune

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you're really serious about autocrossing and want to run stock class I'd suggest either finding a Solstice with the Z0K package (not easy) or buying a GXP with few options with the aim of converting it. If you're not that serious or planning on running in a class that allows mods any Solstice will do.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Crazy looking setup there Dr. J...have you had pretty good success? What engine mods have you done, if any?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts