Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called to make sure I was happy with my purchase (which I am!) and mentioned that he has a Black loaded Sol that the person who ordered looks like they are walking away from. I told him I will ask around on the forum to see if there is interest.

It will be available Wednesday at MSRP in NW suburban Chicago to the first person to leave a deposit, assuming the orderer does not have a change of heart. PM me your email address and I will forward you all the details.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Jack said:
My dealer called to make sure I was happy with my purchase (which I am!) and mentioned that he has a Black loaded Sol that the person who ordered looks like they are walking away from. I told him I will ask around on the forum to see if there is interest.

It will be available Wednesday at MSRP in NW suburban Chicago to the first person to leave a deposit, assuming the orderer does not have a change of heart. PM me your email address and I will forward you all the details.
I hope you PM RODEO with this info. I don't remember what color he wants.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Where does RODEO live, anyway? Anyone?

He grew up in Chicago!!!!

I found a post where he says he lives in Southern California.

But I'm sure he'd love to travel to Chicago for THIS!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I believe Rodeo is in CA, but I bet he could fly to Chicago pretty cheap and drive the Sol home ...

·
4,592 Posts
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

My options of interest are listed in my signature, and I will look into it!

thx!

pm sent to you Jack, thanks!
[email protected]

·
2,574 Posts
RODEO said:
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

My options of interest are listed in my signature, and I will look into it!

thx!

pm sent to you Jack, thanks!
[email protected]

Hey Man,
If it meets your specs. make the trip. You could run into some members for coffee etc.on the ride back with a little planning and a cell phone and they could keep us posted. It would be fun to monitor your run back home. This is a dare that I know at least Gizmo will "second" and give you his first "seven something" salute, for doing! The "Famous Rodeo Run", it would become a classic! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
California Registration

A car purchased out of state won't be able to pass California emmisions criteria without a California cerified emmissions sticker form the manufacturer.. Otherwise, to be able to register it, it will need to have 7500 miles on it. Before giving advise to purchase, please understand the rules.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
BOBL said:
A car purchased out of state won't be able to pass California emmisions criteria without a California cerified emmissions sticker form the manufacturer.. Otherwise, to be able to register it, it will need to have 7500 miles on it. Before giving advise to purchase, please understand the rules.
Take my word for it, or cruise his posts, Rodeo understands the rules.

If that is all it takes then Rodeo has no problem purchasing a car without the sticker and leaving the driving to us. :lol: It is somewhat comical though that there is absolutely nothing at all different between a CA Sol and a NY Sol, other than the sticker. Maybe there is a "black market" for such things.

Q? Can a car that is legally registered in another state be driven at all in CA? As in if we drive out to visit do we have to leave our car at the state line? No, I didn't think so. So, how long can an out of state car stay in the state, 6 months, maybe? Here in PA we don't frown on all the "former" residents, now hailing from FL that have their car here for 6 months and 6 months in FL where inspections are less critical I am told. So as long as Rodeo comes up with an address out of state (I will offer one of mine) and registers the car as such, can he put on 7500 miles soon enough to evade whatever deadline exists.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
achieftain said:
So as long as Rodeo comes up with an address out of state (I will offer one of mine) and registers the car as such, can he put on 7500 miles soon enough to evade whatever deadline exists.
Here in SE Wisconsin we have to have our cars emission tested every two years. Not a big deal, but it's a pain in the rear to have to take the car for a visit to an emission testing station. The loophole? It only applies to 4-5 counties in the SE. I have an address in another part of the state and I just tell the DMV that is where the car is garaged, and voila, no emission testing is required.

·
4,592 Posts
Thanks Jack! Jack sent me the details in email.

I learned it's "STEEL/SAND", and no no for my dreamcar, oh well....

Jack has the detailed list of features/options, maybe he can post them here for another lucky contestant on the "Price is Right" :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have asked a moderator how much data I can post. So, in the pursuit of remaining moderate, I standby.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If it's not too late, send me that info too. I have been on this rollercoaster ride all week trying to find either a loaded Cool or Mysterious. My open order is for Cool as I really didn't want to mess with another black car. Not because I don't like it as I really love the color. It's just a pain in the rear to keep clean. At this point however, I have given in to the fact that I may have to settle for Mysterious if I want one sooner, which is OK since it was my second choice.

·
4,592 Posts
Firebird99 said:
If it's not too late, send me that info too. I have been on this rollercoaster ride all week trying to find either a loaded Cool or Mysterious. My open order is for Cool as I really didn't want to mess with another black car. Not because I don't like it as I really love the color. It's just a pain in the rear to keep clean. At this point however, I have given in to the fact that I may have to settle for Mysterious if I want one sooner, which is OK since it was my second choice.
pm coming..........

Jack, I pm'd him the info you sent me with a point to reference you (first name only) to the dealer.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
achieftain said:
Take my word for it, or cruise his posts, Rodeo understands the rules.

If that is all it takes then Rodeo has no problem purchasing a car without the sticker and leaving the driving to us. :lol: It is somewhat comical though that there is absolutely nothing at all different between a CA Sol and a NY Sol, other than the sticker. Maybe there is a "black market" for such things.

Q? Can a car that is legally registered in another state be driven at all in CA? As in if we drive out to visit do we have to leave our car at the state line? No, I didn't think so. So, how long can an out of state car stay in the state, 6 months, maybe? Here in PA we don't frown on all the "former" residents, now hailing from FL that have their car here for 6 months and 6 months in FL where inspections are less critical I am told. So as long as Rodeo comes up with an address out of state (I will offer one of mine) and registers the car as such, can he put on 7500 miles soon enough to evade whatever deadline exists.

SmallDealer has another thread that explains that the Solstice meets the 50-states standard so it should be legal for Rodeo or anybody else to buy a Solstice and register it in California.

SmallDealer said:
Quote:
California Emission Requirements: All new 2006 model year GM vehicles sold for registration in California are required to meet California emission requirements. To meet these requirements, option code YF5 "CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS" should be ordered for 2006 model year vehicles that will be registered in California. Note below under "EPA Policy on the Sale of California Emission Vehicles" that dealers in border states (Arizona, Nevada and Oregon) are permitted, but not required, to order and sell YF5 "CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS" vehicles.

Please be aware that vehicles ordered/produced with emission option FE9 or VCL cannot be sold for registration in California unless the vehicle is 50-state certified. To determine if a FE9 or VCL vehicle is 50-state certified, in addition to checking the table in this letter, the dealer should check the underhood VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION label to verify that the conformity statement on the label states that the vehicle or engine "CONFORMS TO … CALIFORNIA REGULATIONS" or "IS CERTIFIED FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA". For certain trucks over 8,500 lbs GVWR, there will be two emission labels (an IMPORTANT ENGINE INFORMATION label and a VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION label), in which case both labels must include either of these two specific phrases. If the conformity statement does not contain either of these two specific phrases, the vehicle cannot be sold for registration in California.

http://www.gm.com/automotive/innova...ons/50state.htm
Quote:
2006 Model Year GM Products Planned to be 50-State Emission Certified
Pontiac Products

Vehicle Models...............Emission Options.............Engines
G6................................ FE9, NE1, YF5.......... LE5, LX9, LZ9
Grand Prix.......................FE9, NE1, YF5..............L32, LS4
GTO...............................FE9, NE1, YF5..................LS2
Montana SV6...................FE9, NE1, YF5..............LX9, LZ9
Solstice..........................FE9, NE1, YF5...................LE5
Torrent...........................FE9, NE1, YF5..................LNJ
Vibe...............................FE9, NE1, YF5..............LNK, LV6

Post 25 at:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8512&highlight=states

·
4,592 Posts
Go_Drvn, that may not be true. It is necessary to look under the hood to confirm it says calif, otherwise, on this car, all we had was FE9, which by itself is questionable as I've seen it listed as either "Fed emissions" or "50 state", "fed emissions" is not OK in calif. CA buyers must be careful, I'd suggest only buying if the label under the hood says Calif OK.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
RODEO said:
pm coming..........

Jack, I pm'd him the info you sent me with a point to reference you (first name only) to the dealer.
Got it!! Thanks Rodeo and Jack!! :) I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning. (keeping my fingers crossed)

·
4,592 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts