Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I was watching the local RNEWS channel because they were showing I guess the chicago auto show material (the supercharged gto, etc). At the end of the show they had a sneak peak into tonights show and they showed the solstice taking off.

I haven't been following the solstice at all, has it ever even been shown in motion? :)

I will try to record it if I can.

-edit-

I'm pretty sure it was last night, on RNEWS, but I cant find any info on the show I tuned into last night.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
JonAqua said:
Hi guys,
I haven't been following the solstice at all, has it ever even been shown in motion? :)
Hum...good question. I don't think we've seen much of it on video.

·
4,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I wonder if you saw a spot for that Vogue TV thing... trendwatch?

They are supposed to have a thing on General Motors concept cars and cars a style statments...

Ah, found it... google is so kool:
http://www.freep.com/features/living/webb14e_20050114.htm

"The Detroit-taped segments, which will air at 1 p.m. Feb. 12 on WDIV-TV (Channel 4), will talk about cars as fashion (headlights inspired by Harry Winston jewelry, for example) and car accessories (a designer steering wheel cover). On the show she'll be taking a look at General Motors concept cars and talking to auto designers. "

It would make sense if the Solstice were included - prolly one of the hottest new cars translated from concept to reality (man, I just sounded like a marketing idiot, didn't I!!!).

What color was it JonAqua (the Solstice)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it was the chicago auto show, because the media preview started yesterday and ends today.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com

It was a blueish silver if I recall.

I won't be able to record it because my tv doesn't have video out and I don't have a vcr.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
check the webcams at the chicago show, sorta cool, but slow. Currently camera near Pontiac is off line. :banghead

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
check the webcams at the chicago show, sorta cool, but slow. Currently camera near Pontiac is off line. :banghead
Cool, you can control the camera but I can't seem to see much Pontiac (see Saab and other stuff).

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Those pics might be the only ones we get until someone physically goes to show. I've tried 2 cameras and can only get partial G6 in Pontiac area.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Solstice on "Trendwatch"

OMG!!!

Am I the ONLY one who happened to catch the "Trendwatch" on automotive styling?!?!?!?

5 minute segment on the Solstice, showed it being driven, they talked to Franz VonHolzhausen and Vicki V (forgot her last name).

Also talked about some kool stuff on the C6, but it showed the solstice being driven!!!

a silver one, but then it also had Franz sitting in the it and talking about the interior...

Someone with TIVO figure out if it airs somewhere around you?!? It's the most seen on the Sol yet...

I'll try to see if I can get a copy of the tape from our local station.

·
Registered
120 Posts
solsticeman said:
OMG!!!

Am I the ONLY one who happened to catch the "Trendwatch" on automotive styling?!?!?!?

5 minute segment on the Solstice, showed it being driven, they talked to Franz VonHolzhausen and Vicki V (forgot her last name).

Also talked about some kool stuff on the C6, but it showed the solstice being driven!!!

a silver one, but then it also had Franz sitting in the it and talking about the interior...

Someone with TIVO figure out if it airs somewhere around you?!? It's the most seen on the Sol yet...

Wicked!!! Do you recall what Franz said about the interior?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
solsticeman said:
OMG!!!

Hmmm, never heard of trendwatch. I have a TiVo, but I'm capturing video to my computer from it right now. I'll do a search in awhile to see if it shows up anywhere. What network is it on? What kind of show is it?

Edit: I show no "Trend Watch" in my area :(

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Trendwatch is a few-times-a-year show put together by Vogue. See link in previous posting in this thread.

The model that hosts it is Veronica Webb - I recall her really liking the Solstice during the local NBC channel, WDIV (channel 4 in the SE MI area) coverage of the NAIAS Black Tie event. They mentioned they were getting footage to air for the next "Trendwatch", all about cars and style...

Haven't seen anything yet, but their website is www.trendwatch.tv

Franz talked about how everything is "oriented toward the driver", "hands naturally falling into position on the shifter" (which I've uncannily heard before... brainwashing? Nah...).

He talked about the "clean look" with the "top stowing completely in the trunk". He also mentioned that it presented an "engineering challenge" (read here - pain in the a$$!!!) but they "pulled it off".

They did not show it with the top up, nor did they show any cupholders or even open the trunk.

I can't remember what Vicki V said. (Vicki V sound like a comic book character, doesn't it?). Was trying to be sure, but I'm certain it's the same woman on the saturn brochure that had the Sky in the background.

Maybe they'll re-air it sometime?

·
4,592 Posts
I don't believe there ever was. I can't even remember where it came from, I found it about 4 months ago (or I followed someone's post to it), but it was fun at the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts