Votes: 133 19.4%
  • No, I did not seriously consider purchasing an MX5

Votes: 552 80.6%

• Total voters
201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I just purchased a "deep" 06 with 28K and love the the car. Reminds me of my Alfas and the 68 Etype I used to have. The miata just doesn't have the same presence... the Solstice is a classic in every aspect.
Welcome to the forum, bamakappa. :thumbs:

Glad you're happy with your GXP.

Most folks on this forum would agree with your assessment of the design. The Mazda is somewhat more utilitarian by comparison.

By the way, you'll need one more approved post before you are automatically promoted to regular member and your posts appear as soon as you post them.

Again, welcome to the forum. :cool:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
A guy that I used to work with bought a clean Miata with a worn out engine. He replaced the engine one weekend, starting driving it to work, and was then constantly asked about his sexual orientation.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Recently on Top Gear US:

Nothing like a load of crap to make a car!:lol:

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I have a question for you GIZ, I have owned 3 Japanese branded, built by Americans, in America, what does that make them Japanese/Americans or American/Japanese.

A lot of "foreign" cars are built in the US. A lot of American cars are built from Foreign parts. Their is a percentage of foreign parts that can go is Red, White, and Blue car and it still is considered American. I just can't remember the percentage, does anyone else remember it?
Those cars were ASSEMBLED in this country. They parts were made in Japan, shipped to the USA, and assembled here. They were sold here, and the profits made a return trip to the orient. The profits then returned here and bought land, classic American cars, factories, and businesses.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't consider it, as I bought my dad's Solstice earlier this year when he passed away, but I have a neighbor with an MX5 and he and I are planning to go driving together and let each other take turns. I'll make a point of coming back here to post about my experiences. My guess is that they are both great roadsters with their own sets of quirks that you either love or you don't.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I really like the newer MX5. And used they are similary priced. But the power, torque, and look of the Solstice GXP made the choice easy. I've never understood why Mazda never introduced really powerful Miata.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts