Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 176 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Most of us still have our cars, except dengel who now has a Vette.

I am still here at least twice a day (don't know why there is a question mark by me :grin:

Seems that many have moved over to Facebook
As a devout anti-facebooker, "being around" to me means using the forum.

The question marks result from an oddity in the forum data and denote those people that do not have "Last Activity" indicated on their profile page. The date listed is their latest post.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Always on top of the wish list...

For every Pontiac, Cadillac and Buick I've owned having the Dealer Album was always the best collectible for reference, even though they would contain wonderful errors. None of the Cadillac (Fleetwood) or Buick (Roadmaster) were new and only the Tri-Years of '94/5/6 B and D cars with LT1 power. Back in the days of print, a parts book was wonderful, then microfiche (bought a college surplus reader for that) parts listings on cars and motorcycle. CD and online data put that out of access with the newer stuff like the Solstice. Finding a factory parts CD is very rare.

Now I need to locate a "Product"book on the 2007 Pontiac line. Red had done an admirable job of collecting "stuff". Wish we could be at our own estate sales!

Serendipity in action is the posting of exactly the pages I would look at in the collision repair manual. Now to dig into my most expensive FSM and see if that is in there too.

Thanks to all for posting. The goal keeps moving and frustrating "stuff" folks like me and Chop!

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
225 Posts
I collected as many of the "toys" I could find when the Solstice first came out. I purchased the Maisto models when they were three for $10 at Walgreens and painted them the colors that were not available. I still need to do a few more when time allows. This will take a few posts.

Mean, Pure, Cool, Sly, Mysterious, Carbon Flash, Envious, Deep, Wicked, Aggresive

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Excellent Toy collection Painter.

Never saw the Pure Maisto before. Would have snagged that for sure!

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Toys. A Matchbox, two Transformers and another version of the Spin Out that Solpainter posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
In answer to the questions: Started when I bought my Solstice in 2007. Painted all the Maisto models in 2012 while I was in a rental waiting for my home to be built. I Painted the Pure, Mean, Aggressive, Sly, Mysterious, Carbon Flash, and Wicked. I took the cars apart by melting all the assembly tabs with a soldering iron. Sanded with 2500, primed, sanded and basecoat clearcoat on all of them. I also painted some of the interiors black as they were all tutone.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I kept the 07 and 08 Poncho catalogs I got whole shopping originally. Still have them, and now I have owned both an 07 and an 08

Have the edition of The Solstice Book that covers the GXP/Redline, as well.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
In answer to the questions: Started when I bought my Solstice in 2007. Painted all the Maisto models in 2012 while I was in a rental waiting for my home to be built. I Painted the Pure, Mean, Aggressive, Sly, Mysterious, Carbon Flash, and Wicked. I took the cars apart by melting all the assembly tabs with a soldering iron. Sanded with 2500, primed, sanded and basecoat clearcoat on all of them. I also painted some of the interiors black as they were all tutone.
That explains why I could never find a pure!

61 - 80 of 176 Posts