Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick an exterior color for my Solstice by morning. The problem is that the broshure Solstice colors look very different. The DVD is different from the brochures samples as well.

The interior leather choice is Steel/Sand two tone or Ebony.... the Steel looks navy/grey on some samples and stealth grey on others.

Any ideas for a sharp looking combination? They seem to be pushing the SLY with 2 tone, like on the Apprentice show... but maybe for a better resale value something different may be a good idea? I need to let them know at the dealership tomorrow. yeeks. :)

My confirmation states that the car is to be delivered w/i 180 days...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm planning on getting the "Sly" with the Steel/Sand interior.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
lighter

Mine is ordered as Cool (silver) w/steel/sand just like the one in the Pontiac models brochure!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sly or cool....

the brochure is confusing, it shows alot of SLY - sometimes it looks like blue/grey/silver.... did you see the difference in the color chart w/i the brochures? I was told that they used black and sly for the pictures with different carmera tints... They all look goooooooood.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you have some time tomorrow to walk around the lot a bit? If so here's the same paint colors on different vehicles:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30260&postcount=31

The dealer should also have a display in the show room of all the GM colors. Those color samples are actually color matched unlike almost any brochure or DVD that's come out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Sal

The color clues are a big help! I am thinking black - with the ebony interior. The top is black so it might break up the lines in a different color. Maybe that is one reason you don't see the car with the top. All tops are listed ebony. The green and blue will probably be rare...
Thank you for the help, will shop before the final pick tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
hojopa said:
The color clues are a big help! I am thinking black - with the ebony interior. The top is black so it might break up the lines in a different color. Maybe that is one reason you don't see the car with the top. All tops are listed ebony. The green and blue will probably be rare...
Thank you for the help, will shop before the final pick tomorrow. :)
Thought of that myselft, but the summers here in NC are brutal on black. PA is a bit different so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Good luck. Made a choice yet?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
The names are new.. the colors aren't.

go to the dealer and look at paint samples with the same color numbers.... I did the "25U" which is the dark blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Burning legs

To me it seems that getting the ebony leather would be a problem during the summer time. On those 90 degree days with the top down, you could probably cook an egg on those leather seats. The seats don't appear to be high quality leather. I'm thinking that the ebony cloth would work best for me. Although, it may be hard to clean bird poop stains. Hopefully GM will give better interior options in the next few years. A few months ago, i saw a black Audi TT with the Saddle Brown with gold stitching leather seats. I thought they looked awesome. I think the owner had them customized that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colors Confirmed

Salamander said:
Do you have some time tomorrow to walk around the lot a bit? If so here's the same paint colors on different vehicles:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30260&postcount=31

The dealer should also have a display in the show room of all the GM colors. Those color samples are actually color matched unlike almost any brochure or DVD that's come out.
Thanks for the color descriptions. I went to the lot and checked the different cars with the various colors slated for the Solstice. I wanted the Deep Blue initialy but was leary of it after seeing the brochure and DVD. However, seeing the Deep blue on a Yukon confirmed my initial impulse. Deep Blue is it for me with the combo leather interior. It is the Joie De Vie!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the "inside" scoop

(sal) Any ideas on the Steel interior color - two tone leather? Looks grey in the dvd and navy on the brochure....

·
Registered
121 Posts
hojopa said:
(sal) Any ideas on the Steel interior color - two tone leather? Looks grey in the dvd and navy on the brochure....
No idea at all I'm afraid. Just from the name they chose though, I'd bet it's some kind of dark gray. "Steel" wouldn't be blue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
after seeing the showroom samples - things look a lot different. The green and red looked v e r y different. The green on my DVD looks like Army/camo green - on the brochure it looks like a true emerald green. The red, looks brick orange/red but the DVD red looks great... a big difference - no matter how ya look at it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ebony getting hot in the summer --- quick fix!

We used to have an '80 Vette & believe me when I say that those black seats could get killer hot! :devil:

My husband finally came up with a solution...we took an extra large black bath sheet & on one end we tacked it so that it would stay on the headrest area. That way, the towel protected the seat from the burning rays & also protected our thighs from a serious burn.

In the end, we still had the beauty of black on black!

;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shades of Blue... "Steel Blue" re: two or three or four tones....

It looked grreat with SLY but will it clashhhhhh with the black... GM insiders?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Why doesnt someone going to the lot to look at these pictures take a camera so we can all see what they are like in the real? I know monitors can change colors a little bit but id be really helpful!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts