Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was giving MARiSOL a bath on Sunday. My daughter came by for a visit. Yeah, should have made the front page of Monday's Houston Chronicle!

Anyway, she paid me the greatest compliment about a car that a daughter can give her father. She said:

Dad, that car is too nice for you.

Yep, now I know I have arrived! :)

What compliments have you gotten?

I remember one person said a guy with an S2000 told him the Honda USED to be the best looking car in town. I liked that one.

EDIT NOTE: Ah, I came across the quote I was looking for. It is in the signature of crawdadsolstice:

Best comment so far about my Aggressive Sol, from a driver of a red S2000 in the small town I live near, "I thought I was going to have the coolest car for some time. Now, I know I am wrong!"

Thanks, crawdadsolstice, it was that quote that gave me the inspiration for this thread.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
When I test drove a Sol (it was a nearly loaded Sly, and I would have bought it too but it had already been sold) my father told me "You cannot buy one of those, they look too nice to drive!" Thought that was a pretty good compliment for the car!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Well, its true, I am too nice for you,But you do treat me well. I did enjoy the bath :) O yea, dont forget to change my oil.Thanks your the best

·
4,592 Posts
When I got home after taking delivery, I had gotten out to check mail, just then a neighbor pulled up with a big *ss grin and a thumbs up, he say's "NICE", is that he new Pontiac, what's it called".

Another neighbor, who hadn't seen on yet, told me she had just learned of it a few days ago from a friend, but had only seen pics.......She was floored when she saw it. Then she saw the inside of the trunk :lol:

One guy at a parking lot where I was having a quick snack did three walk arounds, he took about 2 minutes before he moved on, it was kinda funny, like he couldn't wrap his head around it :lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think the best compliment I recieved on the One Solstice we had on the showroom floor was when we had the carshow. There was an Oriental lady there who was diehard foreign cars because "americans don't build cars like we do...No longevity, and no style." and then she saw the solstice.....

And she asked....like five times to make sure.

"And this is a Pontiac?"

·
Registered
201 Posts
Today a guy drove his car up in front of mine while I was inside at work, and walked around it several times before getting back in his car and driving off.

Another man in my store asked me if that was my Pontiac outside. I said, "Yeah." He replied, "I guess you're not married." I think that's the best compliment yet.

I've only had the car for one full day. Will this stuff happen every day for the next six months?

·
4,592 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
Today a guy drove his car up in front of mine while I was inside at work, and walked around it several times before getting back in his car and driving off.

Another man in my store asked me if that was my Pontiac outside. I said, "Yeah." He replied, "I guess you're not married." I think that's the best compliment yet.

I've only had the car for one full day. Will this stuff happen every day for the next six months?
Yes, until they are available in some abundance to be seen. I had another one today at a light, "nice car, is that a Pontiac?"

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ralph_on_me said:

every day
every night

every time you take the car out

Now you see why I'm on the Forum all the time? I'm just a shy kind of guy, can't handle the attention!

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Now you see why I'm on the Forum all the time? I'm just a shy kind of guy, can't handle the attention!

:glol: :glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MARiSOL said:
Well, its true, I am too nice for you,But you do treat me well. I did enjoy the bath :) O yea, dont forget to change my oil.Thanks your the best
Thanks, MARiSOL. You're a good girl! And I'll always be faithful to you.

(Did someone say the 2007 is going to have a turbo?) sssshhhh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Compliments

The best compliments I've had, so far, are:
1. (At the grocery store) Is that the new Ferarri?
2. ( At my local auto parts store) GREAT looking car, more cars like that might pull GM out of it.
3. A man in a Mercedes stopped in front of my car at Blockbuster (preventing my escape) backed up, and pulled in next to me; rolled his window down and said he thought it was a really nice looking car, and that it reminded him of a BMW and Porche all rolled into one.
4. Sitting outside the garage at my dealership, they unloaded my Solstice and parked it next to a SLK 55 (dealership also sells Mercedes). My salesman walked up to me and said he thought it looked a WHOLE lot better than the Mercedes.
5. Took it back to the dealership two days ago to have the front calipers checked. The guy in charge of the service department walks out, walks around the car twice and says "I thought it was a Porche and I was going to tell you that you were in the wrong place".

·
Registered
296 Posts
(For you gizmo becaue of your post on my thread)

My father-in-law actually said I made a great investment for my childerns future.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I like that one too. But I was referring to this one from another thread:

glider rider said:
The limo pulled up beside me and the driver rolled down the window and said "I saw you go by and I've been trying to catch you, that car's so sexy-it's a Pontiac??? I'm selling my Z4, I have to have one of those".

·
Registered
296 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Yeah, I like that one too. But I was referring to this one from another thread:

I know that, but I didn't want to look like I was double posting to get my count closer to 30 where I think I'll be able to have my own avatar, oh, what's this, post 29

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was pulled over on my way to work the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. went through all of the what was I doning. Then the my wife is going to kill me, I've only had the car two days and already a ticket.

So, I rolled down the window and asked the cop what seems to be the problem. His reply.....

No problem, I just wanted to look at the car, wasn't sure what it was and wanted to get a better look.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FloridaSol said:
I was pulled over on my way to work the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. went through all of the what was I doning. Then the my wife is going to kill me, I've only had the car two days and already a ticket.

So, I rolled down the window and asked the cop what seems to be the problem. His reply.....

No problem, I just wanted to look at the car, wasn't sure what it was and wanted to get a better look.
I read yesterday in the Houston Chronicle about a recent Supreme Court decision.

It said that if ANY officer of the law should observe an infraction of the rules, such officer may not issue anything more than a warning if the vehicle being operated by the suspect is a Pontiac Solstice.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I read yesterday in the Houston Chronicle about a recent Supreme Court decision.

It said that if ANY officer of the law should observe an infraction of the rules, such officer may not issue anything more than a warning if the vehicle being operated by the suspect is a Pontiac Solstice.

What is interesting is that I heard a similar thing happening in Washington...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where's my Solstice?!

I showed a picture of the Solstice to my staff at work. They love it! I'm just tired of everyone asking me......"Has you car arrived yet?" :yawn:

1 - 20 of 694 Posts