Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am sure that I want the Solstice Coupe even more than before! :willy: In the July of Road and Track (page 21) there is a picture of the "Affordable Ferrari" that is supposed to undercut the F430. Cover the taillights and exhaust pipes of the top picture with your left hand - and you would swear it was the clone of the Solstice Coupe with Ferrari emblems on the wheels. The tail of the Solstice coupe reminds me of the early seventies Jaguar coupes. The front is all Solstice - although in my opinion, the Z4 that BMW could have built. Lori Queen is making sure that the Solstice interior is up to par - delaying my First 1000 roadster (but I can be patient for quality :) ). Now, Pontiac --- follow the lead of BMW with the MZ coupe - as beautiful as the roadster and not much more expensive --- not that of Porsche with the Cayman - not as beautiful as the roadster and more expensive.

BUILD THE SOLSTICE COUPE GXP!!! Make the 6-speed turbo with the suspension upgrade and cat-back exhaust a coupe first!!! That way the price jumps could be more incremental on the way to the GXP rodster (and I can get one sooner than later). ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Honestly, every once in a while, Pontiac comes out with an amazing car.

I consider the Fiero one of these, but specifically I mean like the 4th generation TransAm, the classic GTOs, the Can Am, and several other cars.

Although I am dissapointed to see Pontiac become part of the BPG (Buick Pontiac GMC) group, because it means they'll have fewer vehicles, I AM glad that this now means that Pontiac will have it's personality refined...

Pontiac is now, the performance division. Sure, some other brands will offer performance vehicles, but the Pontiac division is now more or less strictly performance, and that means that all of their vehicles will continue to offer performance, and style.

I hope Pontiac really succeeds with the Solstice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
82-T/A said:
Honestly, every once in a while, Pontiac comes out with an amazing car.

I consider the Fiero one of these, but specifically I mean like the 4th generation TransAm, the classic GTOs, the Can Am, and several other cars.

Although I am dissapointed to see Pontiac become part of the BPG (Buick Pontiac GMC) group, because it means they'll have fewer vehicles, I AM glad that this now means that Pontiac will have it's personality refined...

Pontiac is now, the performance division. Sure, some other brands will offer performance vehicles, but the Pontiac division is now more or less strictly performance, and that means that all of their vehicles will continue to offer performance, and style.

I hope Pontiac really succeeds with the Solstice.
The 4th generation Trans Am was ultra hot, too bad they never made turbo charged 4 cylinder version for the college students who can't afford the V8 insurance. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts