Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dead pedal in our 2009 Solstice Coupe cracked, then finally broke completely, with the face coming loose. I’ve searched the forum, eBay, amazon, GM Parts direct, etc. and have not found any available replacements. Does anyone know of a reliable and readily available supplier? I’m willing to go aftermarket, if OEM is not an option. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Super Moderator
6,986 Posts
The dead pedal in our 2009 Solstice Coupe cracked, then finally broke completely, with the face coming loose. I’ve searched the forum, eBay, amazon, GM Parts direct, etc. and have not found any available replacements. Does anyone know of a reliable and readily available supplier? I’m willing to go aftermarket, if OEM is not an option. Thanks in advance for any help!
I think your best option is going to be a salvage part. The part is no longer made, as far as I know there were no aftermarket options, so the only chance you have for a new part is someone who still has stock for some reason. That is not very likely to happen.

I would go to car-part.com and search for a Solstice transmission, since no one will list a footrest. Find someone that is parting out a Solstice and call them about the footrest. You can sort the results by distance from you, so you may find someone fairly close.

There were two different styles of footrest, one plain front and one with metallic trim.

Is repairing yours an option?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think your best option is going to be a salvage part. The part is no longer made, as far as I know there were no aftermarket options, so the only chance you have for a new part is someone who still has stock for some reason. That is not very likely to happen.

I would go to car-part.com and search for a Solstice transmission, since no one will list a footrest. Find someone that is parting out a Solstice and call them about the footrest. You can sort the results by distance from you, so you may find someone fairly close.

There were two different styles of footrest, one plain front and one with metallic trim.

Is repairing yours an option?
Repairing it is not an option. It would never stand up to any pressure being put on it. The lower half of the face is broken out. I started searching for auto recyclers in the area with Sols and will try to focus on late models and low mileage units. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
one way I have found to locate odd parts. Go to eBay and search for something like the passenger rear view mirror for a solstice. Note the seller and if he posts a picture of a wrecked solstice. you can contact the seller direct and ask if he has the dead pedal. It has worked for me on occasion.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
That part number is widely available. Price is high though and it seems it might not be the all-plastic one. Are you sure the # is correct?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
The all plastic one is #15254326 and is "No Longer Available".

The metal covered sport pedal is #15911803 and is still showing availability

(y)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
As far as I know there is NO aftermarket supplier of this part. If anyone knows of an aftermarket supplier, please post it up.

(y)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
As far as I know there is NO aftermarket supplier of this part. If anyone knows of an aftermarket supplier, please post it up.

(y)

These may work:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
Wspohn, but these don't replace the dead pedal, only attach to it, I thought this inquiry was to replace the broken dead pedal . . .

(y)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Ah - OK, if it is absent, that is a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts