Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

When do YOU think YOU will drive YOUR new Solstice Home?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the hullaballu about delivery dates, I thought it would be amusing to post a poll with the date you think you will be driving your Solstice home. :lol:

Now, this is only for those that have ordered a car already (including you first 1000's Apprentice Promotion owners). Ordered means you've put in an order, a down payment, and have chosen your options, and are waiting patiently for production to start so you can get your car.

:)

I've posted over and over that nobody knows the real production date, and patience is the order of the day... So if you have an EOP but not a 1st 1000, you can figure that you'll get your car AFTER the first 1000's get theirs. Maybe a month, maybe 6 months after :lol:

Just to add some more fudge to the system :D
  • Original reported/speculated start of production date WAS May 16.
  • At some time, it was changed in some of the systems to May 31.
  • All indications at this time point toward the speculation that production has not yet started.
  • GM has not officially stated production on Solstice has started, nor does any of the scuttlebutt really support such a conclusion.
  • Pontiac 1st 1000 confirmations were stating delivery of cars in 4th quarter (implying Oct-Dec).
  • Lori Queen has stated they will start producing cars this summer
  • Lori Queen also stated they are targetting delivery of all 1st 1000 cars by October.

So, here's your chance - vote on when YOU think YOU will drive YOUR Solstice home. If you didn't order yours yet, be sure to select the "null - Have not ordered my Solstice yet".

Once production starts, and the 1st 1000's start actually getting deliverd, and we get into the 4th quarter, we'll revisit and do a new poll for ACTUAL dates.

·
Registered
251 Posts
solsticeman said:
... and we get into the 4th quarter, ....
:nono: :lol:

I'm going with September, why? Because we know nothing, we might just as well leave it up to the GODS! :lol:

How is this for logic...halfway between the Solstices...goin for the EQUINOX!! :cool:

P.S. did get call today from dealer...order has been accepted at the factory...CODE 3000 for those who know what that means.
(yes, my order is "1st 1000")

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm still thinking October, but late October.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Keeping in mind the forum info on production timelines and estimates of cars per day, etc etc. Start with a delayed 5/31 start date, use 8 weeks instead of the normal 30 days from when an order might normally be expected with a full production line, add two weeks just for the ramp up, start & stop the production line glitches and and shazam... I'll be driving in Mid August.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:agree: Though I'm thinking late August. (Just to give it some fudge room) God that seems like forever away! :willy:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
DCLocal said:
I’m not one of the first 1000 but being eternally optimistic I’m thinking August. :)
Same here! Only if it looks like it is much past August, I may opt out and wait until the turbo version comes out. But I’m optimistic and patiently waiting.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'll take August. Maybe being so close to DE will save me a few weeks ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I said October cause I want to get it and drive it home on my birthday.The way I read this forum that is a real possibility.Now that would be a joyous way to spend #56. :party:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
October, since I am letting my dealer keep the car in his showroom for a few weeks, since by that time they would have more allocations and would be able to let the would be buyers see the car.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm betting on last August and praying on an Indian summer. Would love it came in the beginning of July so I take up to my cabin for vacation, no way I'm holding my breath for that though.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
October is what I think at this point, maybe September, late September. Now see what we've done? Who said by measuring something you change it? If we had all put June, then since GM pays such close attention to us, June would have been it. But since we couldn't agree to pick June then GM will just spread it out from August through November.

·
Registered
251 Posts
bcbriggs said:
Keeping in mind the forum info on production timelines and estimates of cars per day, etc etc. Start with a delayed 5/31 start date, use 8 weeks instead of the normal 30 days from when an order might normally be expected with a full production line, add two weeks just for the ramp up, start & stop the production line glitches and and shazam... I'll be driving in Mid August.
Also, need to add 2 weeks in July for shutdown.

"#0001 of 1000"...August 21st :yesnod:
"#1000 of 1000"...October 21st :yesnod:

·
Registered
101 Posts
SOL MIO said:
Also, need to add 2 weeks in July for shutdown.

"#0001 of 1000"...August 21st :yesnod:
"#1000 of 1000"...October 21st :yesnod:
OK, so I've padded the times already, but agree with you oh wise one... Still looks like sometime in August for me. But I still wouldnt be surprised to see an earlier date due to all of the internal company pressure (financial and otherwise). Been there done that. "Anticipate the worst, deliver the best."

So 25 per day, start Jume 1, estimate with only 5 days per week to be soooo conservative, take out two weeks in June, you're right on target. Oops, then shipping time... but I would expect some staggered delivery over several weeks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i hope they don't hold back delivery until all 'first 1000" are ready to ship. i wouldn't mind one bit if another got theirs before i got mine( first one thousand that is). i think they could start delivering cars in late june/early july but late july/early august is my guess as to when we will start see them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hopefully Before it snows. I think it will be Oct-Nov .I am not one
of the first 1000. But I am the first one my dealer sold one to .He said I was in on his first allocation of 2 this year.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Since I'm certain my VIN # will be "1", I'm certain I will be driving my Solstice by the end of July, just in time to drive it to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with my youngest daughter. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I said November, because if the first 1000 aren't delivered until Oct 31.

My question is this, with regard to the regular allocations, where will the Canadian orders get slotted in?

Since we were excluded from being in the first 1000, will that mean we are just in the mix with all of the other 7100 orders on a FIFO basis. Or is Pontiac going to throw the Canadian dealers a bone by shipping some of their orders out of 1001 -2000? For that matter does anyone have any idea of the breakdown between US and Can orders in the remaining 7100? Our dealers didn't even have brochures by April 30th. (well mine had one Apprentice brouchure, that I actually got to look at, but not take away)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts