Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
mstorace said:
i got a crossfire roadster instead....it rocks!!!!!!!!
What did you paid for the Crossfire?
In Canada you can get 2 load Solstice for a Croosfire.

·
Registered
121 Posts
mstorace said:
i got a crossfire roadster instead....it rocks!!!!!!!!
Hope you enjoy it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
now this is just sad - I'm not sure which I want to comment on.. buying a different car or one less potential buyer.. Thought we were all excited about the car not the fact that some crazy way we were all going to get one of the first 1000. Ive been waitin for this car since 2002, arrived at my dealer at 645am and still did not get one of the first.. but i want this car first or not.. Remarks like the following just makes me sick .. Here's one proud reader to see that neither of you recieved one....YOU DIDNT DESERVE IT!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
tampafl said:
now this is just sad - I'm not sure which I want to comment on.. buying a different car or one less potential buyer.. Thought we were all excited about the car not the fact that some crazy way we were all going to get one of the first 1000. Ive been waitin for this car since 2002, arrived at my dealer at 645am and still did not get one of the first.. but i want this car first or not.. Remarks like the following just makes me sick .. Here's one proud reader to see that neither of you recieved one....YOU DIDNT DESERVE IT!
Didn't deserve it? The Crossfire is nice. Wish I could afford one. They are both just cars, not religions! I liked the Sol because of the price, but now the gouging begins.

Enjoy your Crossfire. :agree:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey....I made the EOP cut but if they deliver 4th quarter I'm going to reconsider buying something else. Who wants to let a convertible sit in the garage for 6-8 months depreciating. I may even just sell my EOP at a premium (dealer equivalent markup) and wait til the following year to trade-up to a Solstice GT or even consider the Sky which is starting to grow on me. I may even go for a Mercedes or Porsche which have proven track records in retaining their value.

Damn straight Rich...a car is just a car....ride on brother.

·
Registered
670 Posts
4 th quarter

We were told that 4 th quarter in the car biz is July- August- September, unlike most 4 th quarter references to business. Because originally they used to retool late in Sept. for new model year, which come out in Oct.-Nov. Unlike present system of model year being any time they feel like naming it. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
tampafl said:
YOU DIDNT DESERVE IT!
What the f&ck? Hey man You just sparked my temper there! :brentil:

Deserve what? paying for a car? Pontiac is not giving them away!
Deserve to be in a screwed process/draw with obvious flaws in it from what we read? :willy:
Come on guy! be realistic...

I do think crossfire is a better car than the solstice... very nice motor!
The interior is a bit too tight for me but I did consider the car.
If he can afford a Crossfire, he can afford almost 2 Solstice!

If Pontiac does not deliver by july/August in Canada, it will be a Z4 for me...Yes the price is quite higher than the Sol, but I know I am getting what I am paying for!

BTW if you are an American and be patriotic about the Sol, the Z4 is built in America too! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PhatPhelix said:
Well, that is the fourth quarter of the fiscal year...
Now something that makes sense with planned production in June!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dont miss understand me .. The crossfire is a great car.. But its a shame when you only wanted the solstice for the 1st 1000 making it a make or break deal.. I saw posts earlier this week from people blaming GM for why they did not receive one of the first. Comments that some have decided not to buy one now... read what i'm saying here -> IF . YOU . CHANGED . YOUR . MIND . ON . BUYING . ONE . STRICTLY. BECAUSE . YOU . ARE . NOT . WITHIN . 1000 . THEN . YOU . DONT . DESERVE . ONE . !!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
tampafl said:
IF . YOU . CHANGED . YOUR . MIND . ON . BUYING . ONE . STRICTLY. BECAUSE . YOU . ARE . NOT . WITHIN . 1000 . THEN . YOU . DONT . DESERVE . ONE . !!!!!!!
That's clearer for me ... thank you...

On that issue alone, I am with you... But I would not like to miss the month of august as per using the car... If they can not deliver a good product in time... I will be shopping elsewhere as the gentlemen did...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
tampafl: What if he didn't get in the EOP the car wouldn't arrive on time for what ever reasons he has so he wouldn't be able to get it at all? I'd also like to point out mstorace at no point said he was getting the Crossfire because he didn't get in the EOP. He specifically said;
solstice dream is over... i got a crossfire roadster instead....it rocks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tampafl - please try to keep it more civil. While you may feel that someone didn't deserve one, I'd prefer if you didn't say so (all in caps) like that. It is taken as confrontational.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Tampafl - please try to keep it more civil. While you may feel that someone didn't deserve one, I'd prefer if you didn't say so (all in caps) like that. It is taken as confrontational.

:cheers:
Thanks, Troy! :agree:

·
Registered
133 Posts
general said:
.... Who wants to let a convertible sit in the garage for 6-8 months depreciating....I may even just sell my EOP at a premium (dealer equivalent markup) ......
Wouldn't it do that every winter that your owned it? Hmmmm.......

·
Registered
80 Posts
bmwtourer said:
What the f&ck? Hey man You just sparked my temper there! :brentil:

Deserve what? paying for a car? Pontiac is not giving them away!
Deserve to be in a screwed process/draw with obvious flaws in it from what we read? :willy:
Come on guy! be realistic...

I do think crossfire is a better car than the solstice... very nice motor!
The interior is a bit too tight for me but I did consider the car.
If he can afford a Crossfire, he can afford almost 2 Solstice!

If Pontiac does not deliver by july/August in Canada, it will be a Z4 for me...Yes the price is quite higher than the Sol, but I know I am getting what I am paying for!

BTW if you are an American and be patriotic about the Sol, the Z4 is built in America too! ;)

EGG-Zactly, everyone else has been loving the car, yes, by all means, we all do

but come one, its seriously not the only nice car out there, and no, Pontiac is not giving them away

so kudos to the guy that got the Crossfire, we arent gettin paid to sit around and wait, and for doing so our reward is to be charged EVEN MORE THAN THEY PUT ON PAPER AT THE CURRENT MOMENT.

theres going to be a lot of people that are hardcore fans that will just lose faith and interest. and its certainly not a bad thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good deals to be had on crossfires, you can get them for almost 1/2 price now, they use to list for $59 and they sell for $39 cdn now $20k off! A nice "cruiser" not much of a sports car, but for wind in your hair sunday driving it's a nice car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts