Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So yesterday while driving on the freeway, my car starting jerking at 65mph in 5th gear. I switched to neutral and it went to about 500rpm and back to the normal 750rpm.

Later at night when I started the car, it ran for 5 seconds before the engine started jerking and the car died. Later I started it a few more times and it would just die right away. My volts gauge read 14k which is normal, and the starter sounded normal. Lights weren't dimming or anything. No warning lights. No leaks, oil level normal. No loose tubes or anything.

Called the dealership since I still have powertrain warranty and they explained that whatever the problem was, it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty (saying that without even knowing the problem).

So before towing my car, I disconnected the battery for ten minutes and reconnected it. The car started up successfully! Drove around for awhile and no problems. What the heck was the issue in the first place?

Any suggestions will be truly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
damn microsoft era....reboot and retry is always the first answer. Next is reloading newest PCM data/tune...I still hate it when it works...

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
You need a better dealer.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
damn microsoft era....reboot and retry is always the first answer. Next is reloading newest PCM data/tune...I still hate it when it works...
I'm going to market a mod kit. It will add Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys to the steering wheel. PAT PENDING - I CALLED IT! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be purge evap solenoid going bad. Could be a dozen other issues too. Did you check for pending codes before disconnecting battery? If not, would do so next time it acts up. Afraid it will likely happen again...

·
Registered
676 Posts
it will happen again if its the evap solenoid dieing.... and its a cheap and easy to replace. Anyone with a 10mm socket and an extension can fix this in under 10 min.

Here is a video DDMworks made to help diagnose if yours is failing:

If your purge sol is good, I would look at cleaning the MAF sensor and checking for a leak in your charge system, Pipes, boots, couplers, intercooler etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts