Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the first car waiting for the green arrow for a left turn yesterday and a new red corvette from the cross traffic turned past me and absolutely glared at me. If looks could kill I'd be pushing up daisys right now. Now I know he spent about 15 or 20 grand more then me for that extra square foot in the trunk and the extra 200+ horsepower to get that 2 or 3 extra seconds going from 0 to 60 mph. and lower mpg but geez, why the hate? Anyone else have any similar experiences?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe it wasn't the car??

OZ40 said:
I was the first car waiting for the green arrow for a left turn yesterday and a new red corvette from the cross traffic turned past me and absolutely glared at me. If looks could kill I'd be pushing up daisys right now. Now I know he spent about 15 or 20 grand more then me for that extra square foot in the trunk and the extra 200+ horsepower to get that 2 or 3 extra seconds going from 0 to 60 mph. and lower mpg but geez, why the hate? Anyone else have any similar experiences?
Did you have his wife in the passanger seat??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Maybe he just dosen't the color of your car. When did they start making a lavender Solstice anyway?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It couldn't have been

Nah, it wasn't the color, his vette was just as red as my Sol, the wife thing though...you may have something there!

·
Registered
846 Posts
He really was hoping to get a new Solstice, but settled on a corvette due to delivery issues...... :devil:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think he was upset he started his mid-life crisis a couple years too soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess

I guess I started my mid-life crisis just in time, eh?...hee hee!

·
Registered
767 Posts
This is my 7th convertible. I'm 62 years old. How many mid-life crises can you have?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
OZ40 said:
Now I know he spent about 15 or 20 grand more then me for that extra square foot in the trunk ...
Well... technicly the Corvette has 10.4 cu.ft. with the top up or down compared to our 1.4/3.8 cu.ft. The Coupe has an amasing 22.4 cu.ft. of space.

·
Registered
665 Posts
jimmyo said:
This is my 7th convertible. I'm 62 years old. How many mid-life crises can you have?
Only 1 midlife, you'll be happy to hear!

The rest is just called enjoying "the highlight of your twilight"

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
jimmyo said:
As many as you can afford.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I went by the Fire Station in town the other day, And a FireMan pulling out in his own truck, just stopped and looked at my 1145, He looked like he was wanted to kill me. Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
MITCH said:
I went by the Fire Station in town the other day, And a FireMan pulling out in his own truck, just stopped and looked at my 1145, He looked like he was wanted to kill me. Mitch :cool:
He probably thought it was of those "furin" sports cars. You'd be surprised how many people come up to me and think its a Ferrari or Porsche, until they spy the Pontiac emblem. A friend says I should pull off the front emblem and really confuse everyone. Of course, Bob wouldn't like that!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Bah, even if you pull off the front emblem, there are still 9 others on the car to be eliminated (two on the sides, one on the rear, one on each wheel - to include the steering wheel, and one on the waterfall... I may be missing some). The car has more arrowheads stuck on it than Custer had! Good thing I'm a Pontiac fan :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts