Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is big enough for its own thread. Bob Lutz on GM Fastlane Blog yesterday issued a decree! $19.995 INCLUDES $575 destination charge AND CD player. He also notes the 177 hp so widely discussed.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
(first post, longtime lurker)

I found this info intresting enough to go blab it to the rest of the guys in the office.

I'll just print this out and bring it along with me when I go shopping. "Bob said I could have this for $19995! Where do I sign?"

·
4,592 Posts
welcome chenslee! But you didn't give us a chance to :brentil: you :devil:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ordered Mine Today

FIRST POSTING IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT YOUR DEALER IS NOW TAKING ORDERS.I WILL POST ALL THE OPTIONS,FOR THE SOLSTICE, ON MY NEXT POSTING.I ORDERED MINE TODAY .DELIVERY LATE JUNE EARLY JULY. :cheers:

·
4,592 Posts
SATCH said:
FIRST POSTING IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT YOUR DEALER IS NOW TAKING ORDERS.I WILL POST ALL THE OPTIONS,FOR THE SOLSTICE, ON MY NEXT POSTING.I ORDERED MINE TODAY .DELIVERY LATE JUNE EARLY JULY. :cheers:
welcome satch, and congrads! look forward to the info!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SATCH said:

Welcome aboard, satch. This is great news. My dealer will be getting a visit from me first thing in the morning. :thumbs:

added: thought I already posted following, but here goes again. pontiac.com has updated web site with Solstice as dignature car when you visit. Not much new info except reiteration of sub 20000 starting price. Silver car as shown, 21530 with following disclaimer, "Starting price does bot include AC or manual transmission."

Now I know how he kept the price under 20k, transmission optional, how unique. :willy: :brentil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
achieftain said:
This is big enough for its own thread. Bob Lutz on GM Fastlane Blog yesterday issued a decree! $19.995 INCLUDES $575 destination charge AND CD player. He also notes the 177 hp so widely discussed.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

:cheers:
Color me extremely skeptical. I see it, but I don't believe it :)

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Same blog (this link was to home page of blog so you need to click continue at bottom to see whole article).
At first I couldn't see the "continue reading link" to expand the article, found it now.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SATCH said:
Awesome!!! I can't wait to see your information.

Man this is great, I haven't had to use :brentil: in so long. All these new members are bringing in so much great stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SATCH said:
That's news...dealers? Hope it's true :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hmmm... just got off the phone w/ an area dealer. He tells me that there's no official ordering process at this time, but an update is expected on Feb 28th, and Solstice may be in that update.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Maybe by order he means he put down money with dealer?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tried to Order Today

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I contacted a local dealer last night to inquire about ordering. Was told that they are now accepting orders with $2,500 down and will sell at $5,000 over list!!! Here we go again.... Thieves!

Fortunately, I visited another dealer today and was told that orders could not be taken yet since the order forms/info/pricing is not yet available from Pontiac. They took my name and indicated that I would be first on the list to place an order when the info arrives. Will accept $500 down and indicated that there would be no markups over list. Maybe there is still some hope???

They confirmed that dealer deliveries are supposed to begin in June. :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Mayor said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I contacted a local dealer last night to inquire about ordering. Was told that they are now accepting orders with $2,500 down and will sell at $5,000 over list!!! Here we go again.... Thieves!

Fortunately, I visited another dealer today and was told that orders could not be taken yet since the order forms/info/pricing is not yet available from Pontiac. They took my name and indicated that I would be first on the list to place an order when the info arrives. Will accept $500 down and indicated that there would be no markups over list. Maybe there is still some hope???

They confirmed that dealer deliveries are supposed to begin in June. :)
This is just so odd. For every dealer someone finds selling with dealer markup, there's always one other in the exact same city that's selling for MSRP.

Who the heck does this dealer think they are, a Lotus dealer? The Lotus Elise had a $2,500 down requirment, but it cost $40,000 base and had a 2 year waiting list. Dealers like this make me sick.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts