Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was just posted on YT on 5/28/15, 26 minutes. Possibly in relation to the Solstice Anniversary date thread and Channel 4 news vid regarding the 05 Detroit Solstice 1st 1000 event.

Thanks to the individual who posted this on YT.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Great video, it's awesome that someone took the time to put this up on Youtube.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fiero+Solstice posted this video which was shot from the audience with a hand held camera. It was a special event, August 5, 2005, for those who were in the First 1000 order group. Most had not touched or driven a Solstice before their order. In the early part of the video you can see future owners sitting in a car that was placed in the GM Headquarters atrium area. Bob Lutz, our Solstice patriarch, mingled with the audience and gave a short background to the building of this exciting roadster. Serial number 1 was presented to a lucky couple.

Yesterday, I met another First 1000 owner, serial number 7, while at a local mall. Our Solstice is number 37. The excitement with the car after 10 years remains. If you don't own one, I recommend that you get one!

I may post other videos of the First 1000 event.

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
Fiero+Solstice posted this video which was shot from the audience with a hand held camera. It was a special event, August 5, 2005, for those who were in the First 1000 order group. Most had not touched or driven a Solstice before their order. In the early part of the video you can see future owners sitting in a car that was placed in the GM Headquarters atrium area. Bob Lutz, our Solstice patriarch, mingled with the audience and gave a short background to the building of this exciting roadster. Serial number 1 was presented to a lucky couple.

Yesterday, I met another First 1000 owner, serial number 7, while at a local mall. Our Solstice is number 37. The excitement with the car after 10 years remains. If you don't own one, I recommend that you get one!

I may post other videos of the First 1000 event.
To Fiero+Solstice: Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is as emotional to me as a visit to the Solstice factory, which I was unable to make, but so many of our members did, some more than once.

And thanks to you, ChopTop, for spotting this video on You Tube and gettiing it onto the Forum so quickly.

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
I would like to share some photos with you:

Here I am with Forum Member VINNY0001 touching his SECOND Solstice at his house in Boise, ID. The one on viewer's right is the 000001:
He bought a second one to keep the original at low mileage.

He got a specialized Idaho plate to honor his car:

Here's a photo of his VIN:

And here is VINNY0001's son sitting in MY Solstice, MARiSOL:

·
Registered
53 Posts
After uploading the video and seeing it posted on Solstice Forum, I realized my typo......The event was not in April. It was August 5, 2005. I will see how to correct that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here are two other videos that were taken at the Solstice First 1000 Owners' event in Detroit on August 5, 2005. Cars, early production models, were made available to drive on selected streets in Detroit that day. Click on the link to view this "historical" event.

Cars on display at waterfront + cars lined up to drive: http://youtu.be/Y5I1d0kXthk

Cars being driven by very excited future owners: http://youtu.be/ZulUjAFXTQs

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
After uploading the video and seeing it posted on Solstice Forum, I realized my typo......The event was not in April. It was August 5, 2005. I will see how to correct that.
My mistake, I'll send MomSol or Rob the elder a private message to edit the thread title.

·
Registered
13 Posts
how do i figure out if my 2006 is a 1st 1000, i am new today to this forum & bought my solstice 2 years ago as 2nd owner,,,,, here is the no# after Y,,,, Y118388,,,,, can anyone help me & tell me what no# my 2006 solstice is ? JK , age 54 central PA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts