Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed here before, and some of you may have done work to reproduce the alphabet in a similar font to the Solstice logo already.

So if anyone has a complete font set they can share, please PM me with it. I would really appreciate it.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I think the solstice font is actually the same as SAVED BY ZERO, a font I found for free online. I'm on a Mac and found it at http://www.freemacfonts.com/sfonts.htm

It may be available for PC too, but not sure. It looks very close to what Pontiac used.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The font is truly proprietary but the rudimentary start can be found in other fonts. GM Toyota Honda Chrysler all have Fontographer (Graphic Designers) to help build fonts. There is an actual science to this and if you are bored are interested I included a link It is some of what I do so I dont reply often but I thought some expertise could be useful. Also. I will dig though my 4500 fonts at work tomorrow and see if I find anything more relevant.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
The font is truly proprietary but the rudimentary start can be found in other fonts. GM Toyota Honda Chrysler all have Fontographer (Graphic Designers) to help build fonts. There is an actual science to this and if you are bored are interested I included a link It is some of what I do so I dont reply often but I thought some expertise could be useful. Also. I will dig though my 4500 fonts at work tomorrow and see if I find anything more relevant.
We'd all be grateful if there is a font close to the SOLSTICE font!
I've been modifying type by node editing for years and if there's a vectored true type font that would be great.
Otherwise I'll modify the characters from what we have and create the other characters! I modified the Solstice letters to get COUPE for hats I offer.
I haven't been lucky yet tracking down a font with close enough characteristics to the logo font to work. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
We'd all be grateful if there is a font close to the SOLSTICE font!
I've been modifying type by node editing for years and if there's a vectored true type font that would be great.
Otherwise I'll modify the characters from what we have and create the other characters! I modified the Solstice letters to get COUPE for hats I offer.
I haven't been lucky yet tracking down a font with close enough characteristics to the logo font to work. Any help would be appreciated!

This font looks the same. It's called "SAVED BY ZERO", a font I found for free online. I'm on a Mac and found it at Free Mac Fonts - Download Macintosh Fonts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
This font looks the same. It's called "SAVED BY ZERO", a font I found for free online. I'm on a Mac and found it at Free Mac Fonts - Download Macintosh Fonts
I think the solstice font is actually the same as SAVED BY ZERO, a font I found for free online. I'm on a Mac and found it at Free Mac Fonts - Download Macintosh Fonts

It may be available for PC too, but not sure. It looks very close to what Pontiac used.
Damn, there's a nasty echo in here... in here... in here

:)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Really? :brentil:
:agree:
Saved By Zero is too square and Denmark is actually an industry named font called "Handel Gothic" and has some similar characteristics to the SOLSTICE font-type, but it is too uniform in its stroke width.
The SOLSTICE type has some slight thicker/thinner weights within its stroke.
It's more stylized because it was probably developed as a LOGO instead of an entire font. GM may have that font in their files, but I haven't been able to track down an exact match font in 3 years of searching varies font suppliers.
I don't have the time right now to use my font designer program to develop the rest of the alphabet myself. A few letters here and there is how I've been dealing with it.
Or use the Handel Gothic font and be close!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts