Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was paging through the latest Pontiac Enthusiast magazine yesterday at Barnes and Nobles, and ran across a small spot for this website, directing enthusiats here! I just thought it was cool that there is some advertising going on out there for the forum! :cheers

·
Registered
284 Posts
:cheers

I'll have to take a look at that. It's not actually paid advertising.

I've been friends with some of the guys at Corvette Enthusiast for a number of years due to Corvetteforum. They hooked me up with the Pontiac Enthusiast guys. It's a good group at that company.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Troy Roberts said:
:cheers

I'll have to take a look at that. It's not actually paid advertising.

I've been friends with some of the guys at Corvette Enthusiast for a number of years due to Corvetteforum. They hooked me up with the Pontiac Enthusiast guys. It's a good group at that company.
It doesn't look like an advertisement. Its in the front section where they have other news snipets, and is just in one of their usual news snipet boxes with a picture of the sites banner. I am glad to see they are prepared to embrace this car! Although that magazine has been great to all Pontiacs, not everyone involved with Pontiacs has embraced the more recent cars. Hopefully positive press early in the game will help prevent that!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Doesn't it cost money to have a sponsored link on Google? Damb Troy! You are commited to these sites! :thumbs Please though, don't start selling banner ads and pop ups here.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't worry about pop-ups. I've always hated those things and have turned down companies that tell me I can make a lot of money with them.

At some point I will accept advertisers like on Corvetteforum. We try to keep our advertisers up to decent levels of customer support on CF. We've actually kicked a few out of the program because they didn't provide good customer service. We also get some pretty good GPs and sales from the supporting vendors.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troy Roberts said:
Don't worry about pop-ups. I've always hated those things and have turned down companies that tell me I can make a lot of money with them.

At some point I will accept advertisers like on Corvetteforum. We try to keep our advertisers up to decent levels of customer support on CF. We've actually kicked a few out of the program because they didn't provide good customer service. We also get some pretty good GPs and sales from the supporting vendors.
I am glad you plan on steering clear of the pop-ups. I don’t mind advertisers on sites one bit, but I just cannot stand pop-up ads. They are just plain annoying!

Its also nice to know you hold the advertisers up to a decent level of customer service too! Keep up the good work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts