Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a little tip I thought I'd share (some of you may already know of it). I use it to check for the most recent economic news on the internet, and just realized it could help find the most recent news articles covering the Solstice.

Using Google, search Pontiac Solstice, then click the "NEWS" tab on the top of Google, then use "SORT by DATE" at the top right. I found a few cool articles just a few minutes ago, and it struck me I should share the tip with you all. ENJOY!!!

Here's an example of an article I just found, it was posted on the internet just yesterday, It's from the Chicago Defender:

http://www.chicagodefender.com/page/auto.cfm?ArticleID=2517

This link is set up to take you to a pontiac solstice news search sorted by date.

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2004-36,RNWE:en&q=pontiac+solstice&tab=wn&scoring=d

You can also get news alerts from google, look at the bottom of the page for this:
"New! Get the latest news on pontiac solstice with Google Alerts."

*****************************************************************************************************************

My 2000th post, WHOAAA!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Well, congrats on your 2000th post Rodeo. This is my 1500th :party: . Those foot steps you hear are me gaining on you! ;) That means there have been 1500 opportunities for me to say absolutely nothing of lasting value. :D
Oh yeah, and I'm kicking your butt in daily post counts. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Damn my secret is out ;) Been doing that for over a year now to feed our news forum. You can also get e-mail alert sent to you daily with summary.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
Here's a little tip I thought I'd share (some of you may already know of it). I use it to check for the most recent economic news on the internet, and just realized it could help find the most recent news articles covering the Solstice.

Using Google, search Pontiac Solstice, then click the "NEWS" tab on the top of Google, then use "SORT by DATE" at the top right. I found a few cool articles just a few minutes ago, and it struck me I should share the tip with you all. ENJOY!!!

Here's an example of an article I just found, it was posted on the internet just yesterday, It's from the Chicago Defender:

http://www.chicagodefender.com/page/auto.cfm?ArticleID=2517

This link is set up to take you to a pontiac solstice news search sorted by date.

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2004-36,RNWE:en&q=pontiac+solstice&tab=wn&scoring=d

You can also get news alerts from google, look at the bottom of the page for this:
"New! Get the latest news on pontiac solstice with Google Alerts."

*****************************************************************************************************************

My 2000th post, WHOAAA!!!!!!

Congrats, now there are two non-mods over a ton. I was going to save your count for posterity for you as you did me but you beat me to it. RODEO
Founding Member

My Solstice photos

What I want to know is how did you achieve 2000 at 1:17 and thenstill be 2000 at 4:17, is this something to do with the twist in Around the World in 80 Days, or did the mods stop you cold at 2000 no matter what you post. I think they hear us. :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
achieftain said:
What I want to know is how did you achieve 2000 at 1:17 and thenstill be 2000 at 4:17, is this something to do with the twist in Around the World in 80 Days, or did the mods stop you cold at 2000 no matter what you post. I think they hear us. :lol:
I believe that has to do with time zones, it showed 1:17 when I screen grabbed it, but I imagine you see a different time as you are in a different time zone, sounds logical :willy:

Thanks All!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
I believe that has to do with time zones, it showed 1:17 when I screen grabbed it, but I imagine you see a different time as you are in a different time zone, sounds logical :willy:

Thanks All!
Admit it. It's some sort of Troll trick! :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mceb said:
Damn my secret is out ;) Been doing that for over a year now to feed our news forum. You can also get e-mail alert sent to you daily with summary.
And somehow you get your news faster than I do. :(

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations Rodeo, maybe when you hit 3000 you will be the proud owner of a Solstice.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Google News has been my homepage since it first came out...

...and you can customize your Google News to always have a category assigned to something of your choice. I have one for "Pontiac Solstice".

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fortimir said:
...and you can customize your Google News to always have a category assigned to something of your choice. I have one for "Pontiac Solstice".
How do you do that? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
RODEO said:
How do you do that? Thanks!
http://news.google.com/

On the right hand side under "Auto-generated X minutes ago" you will see "CUSTOMIZE THIS PAGE". Click it... and it will drop down. At this point you can drag around the different sections, prioritizing them where you like them... at the bottom of that drop down, there is "Add a custom section." Make keywords Pontiac Solstice. Chose the number of stories you want it to show (3 to 6 is good)... and tada... arrange it where you like it. and it adds a news section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts