Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to sell my 36,000 mile GXP since February without luck. It’s a rare GXP Z0K model but in stock condition. I’ve seen high-mileage GXP’s in the $13k range and 60-70,000 mile examples around $14.5 to $15k so I priced mine accordingly at $16.5k. Did I price mine too high or are other factors, like the yellow paint or the fact I’ve only advertized on CL keeping it from selling? I’m going to try Autotrader next in an attempt to sell it before August is over because I know if I still have it come September it will be next spring before I can sell it before. BTW the car is located in Seattle where used car prices tend to generally be higher than in the rest of the country.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I think your biggest obstacle to the sale is the ZOK option.

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
wow - prices are really all over the place as far as I can tell.

:huh:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Keep trying. Most people looking for a solstice don't care what suspension package you have IMO. Most current owners don't even know what they have. Remember, it's a sports car and therefore limits your clientele. Give it time and make sure you are not pricing it higher than what a bank will offer, otherwise your looking for someone with cash in hand and you really limit your buyer.

·
Registered
680 Posts
We've never used the a/c in 5 years. I only turn it on every once in a while to engage the clutch and keep the oil circulated in the compressor. I could do w/o a/c in a convertible.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the ZOK option?
It’s the factory Club Sport suspension option. On the GXO it consists of stiffer and shorter springs, bigger front and rear sway bars, a stiffer rear suspension crossmember and no options besides that. The NA Z0K option includes many other items that are either optional or not available on NA cars.

The result is that the car handles as if it’s on rails, for such a relatively small change the car handles awesome, especially on the race track but also on the street as well.

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
From the factory you get an option of color and if you want a spoiler - no radio, no air, no cruise, no nothing on the Z0K package

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f48/gxp-zok-38665/

GM PARTS BULLETINS & INFORMATION - TO ALL PONTIAC DEALERS

Subject: 2007-2010 Solstice GXP with manual transmission (RPO MA5) upgrade with an optional suspension (Z0K)
Message #: VSU20071527

We are pleased to announce to our customers the Z0K suspension upgrade for 2007-2010 Pontiac Solstice GXP with a manual transmission (RPO MA5). The necessary parts for this upgrade are available in the following attachment:

2007 Solstice GXP Z0K Optional Suspension.doc contents:
2007-2010 Solstice GXP Z0K Optional Suspension Upgrade

Suspension parts needed to install Z0K optional suspension on 2007-2010 Pontiac Solstice GXP

For manual transmission (MA5)

Part No. Name Qty

25849163 Front Spring 2
25855621 Front Stabilizer Shaft 1
25855626 Rear Spring 2
25855622 Rear Stabilizer Shaft 1
25855623 Rear Stabilizer Shaft Insulator 2
25855624 Rear Stabilizer Insulator Clamp 2
25877302 Rear Suspension Support Crossmember 1

*****Disclaimer*****
Attention: For customers that intend to use their 2006 - 07 Pontiac Solstice equipped
with option code Z0K , please refer to service bulletin 06-03-07-003A, dated 8/24/06 for alignment specification, optimizing performance.

Warranty Information
The above modifications are considered to be a customer option and performed at customer's expense.
Prior to using your vehicle, refer to your warranty book or your dealership for information on the GM new vehicle factory warranty, and how usage may affect your warranty.
-----------------------------

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
And I found this

MARKETING/PROMOTION - ALL PONTIAC DEALERS

Subject: 2007 Solstice Orders with Z0K Club Sport Package

As many know, the Pontiac Solstice won its first-ever Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) National Showroom Stock B (SSB) title in October at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas. The winning Solstice, driven by Don Knowles, was one of five competing in the import-dominated, 28-car SSB class. Not only was the Solstice the national champion, but also the first-place winner for the Northeast Division Championship in Club Racing and earned two National Championships in Solo autocross competition.

All SCCA Club Racing Solstices and most Solo entries are equipped with the available Z0K Club Sport Package. This unique package is designed for the weekend racer interested in competing in various regional and national SCCA racing events. Z0K includes anti-lock brakes (ABS), limited-slip rear differential and Sport-tuned Suspension (FE3) and has an MSRP of $1,095. It may be ordered on a base-model Solstice (2MB67) only and is NOT available with any other options or packages including air conditioning or power locks/windows/mirrors. Dealers need only specify exterior color. Total MSRP for a Z0K-equipped Solstice is $23,210, including base MSRP of $21,515, $1,095 for Z0K Club Sport Package, and $600 for DFC. Z0K is not available with GXP (2MG67).

Given the growing popularity of the Solstice in these racing classes and its proven performance credibility, more enthusiasts may be interested in placing orders for Z0K-equipped Solstices in time for 2007 SCCA season events. To help quantify natural demand, Pontiac dealers are requested to input all bonafide sold Z0K orders (with customer information) in Order Workbench by Friday, December 15, 2006, whether they have available Solstice allocation or not. Consideration outside of normal allocation may be given to process these sold Z0K orders (stock orders not applicable), but Dealers should not guarantee orders will be produced beyond their own allocation. Additional information will follow.

http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/forumid/19/postid/30366/scope/posts

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
I use the A/C in NJ.

When it gets above 90 degrees here, it just is not pleasant without the a/c...

Top down above 90 degrees can remove that permigrin...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Def use the ac down here in fl

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Even though not everyone actually uses AC, not having it will still be a disincentive. A ZOK will probably sell for the same as a regular car, maybe less now. When the cars were new, they had a premium; not any more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even though not everyone actually uses AC, not having it will still be a disincentive. A ZOK will probably sell for the same as a regular car, maybe less now. When the cars were new, they had a premium; not any more.
Unless someone is looking for a race car, then their choices are rather limited since you can no longer get all the conversion parts.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
All the parts are still availabe, AFAIK, as well as after market (and often superior) alternatives.

Just go to Crate and check on pricing on the ZOK suspension package (or cheaper still, just buy the FE3 spec suspension bits off a GXP that is upgrading).

Solstice GXP ZOK - SCCA.com Forum

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I have been trying to sell my 36,000 mile GXP since February without luck. It’s a rare GXP Z0K model but in stock condition. I’ve seen high-mileage GXP’s in the $13k range and 60-70,000 mile examples around $14.5 to $15k so I priced mine accordingly at $16.5k. Did I price mine too high or are other factors, like the yellow paint or the fact I’ve only advertized on CL keeping it from selling? I’m going to try Autotrader next in an attempt to sell it before August is over because I know if I still have it come September it will be next spring before I can sell it before. BTW the car is located in Seattle where used car prices tend to generally be higher than in the rest of the country.
I wouldn't say you're doing anything wrong as much as the person who wants what you are selling hasn't found you. Are you advertising it on SCCA sites, and the usual suspect sites (Ebay, Craigslist, Autotrader, Hemmings, Bringatrailer, etc..)

You should promote the ZOK option (SCCA T2 wins), along w/how few coupes came w/the ZOK option as opposed to the vert. Along with explaining how the ZOK deleted options in order to improve track performance, while at the same time explain how it's also a comfortable daily driver.

Set a price but include BO, that shows sellers that you're willing to be flexible on price. Kappa's are niche cars, coupes are a inch within a niche, and the ZOK makes it a niche within a niche within a niche. Quite rare, and that's how it should be promoted. But stay away from the word collectible, and let the car speak for itself.

Lots of pics and videos are helpful also.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the parts are still availabe, AFAIK, as well as after market (and often superior) alternatives.

Just go to Crate and check on pricing on the ZOK suspension package (or cheaper still, just buy the FE3 spec suspension bits off a GXP that is upgrading).

Solstice GXP ZOK - SCCA.com Forum
For SCCA Solo Stock/Street autocross or Touring 2 road racing you need the exact Z0K parts, no subsitutes. I’ve heard that the remaining Z0K rear crossmembers are missing the spray-in foam which makes them illegal. I suppose it might be possible to duplicate the foam somehow but IMHO that would be hard to get past a protest committee unless you could somehow prove it’s the same stuff.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts