Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it? What is required? It doesn't say on the website. Any info that would be great.:grin: ( I could call and ask Hahn but I fig I'd ask here first.)

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Stage 2 kit here is their number 352 486 2195 they are pretty good about getting back to you another option would be to email the sales dept. [email protected] they have always gotten back to me with in a day or two

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe there's a forum on this topic. I first considered this and realized it's going to have to be modified to fit and thats just a hassle and went ahead with Hahn turbo kit. It's a "perfect" fit (slight modifications) the cost isn't cheap but you pay for what you get, and all I've heard is good things about the turbo kits. I've had my kit for 3 months now, still going strong? well worth the money.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kysoltice. What modifications to the engine were needed to hold that stage 4? I have stage 2 it's awesome, I want more boost it's pushing at 6psi.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Hahn is a great company....everytime I've called (3x I think) I've talked with Bill(?) himself. The same if you call DDMWorks or Windrestrictor.... As a matter of fact, I have to order my IC this summer from them....

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I believe there's a forum on this topic. I first considered this and realized it's going to have to be modified to fit and thats just a hassle and went ahead with Hahn turbo kit. It's a "perfect" fit (slight modifications) the cost isn't cheap but you pay for what you get, and all I've heard is good things about the turbo kits. I've had my kit for 3 months now, still going strong�� well worth the money.
There is a reason that a Hann kit or DDM kit sells for what it does the stuff is made to fit that particular car and they use quality components you want to go cheap ? Ebay has a bunch of turbo kits for cheap good luck with the install ! I've been modifying cars and bikes for well over 45 years now and I learned a long time ago " The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten " ! Just to add I've had my kit on for 2 years now with no issues ,it took a weekend to install about 10 hours and the customer service from Hann is first rate

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Windrestrictor sells IC's?
Really Chicken? I was just making a point...LOL... ;) (Had to use the .gif I found!!) We need a face palm .gif too!!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
There is a reason that a Hann kit or DDM kit sells for what it does the stuff is made to fit that particular car and they use quality components you want to go cheap ? Ebay has a bunch of turbo kits for cheap good luck with the install ! I've been modifying cars and bikes for well over 45 years now and I learned a long time ago " The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten " ! Just to add I've had my kit on for 2 years now with no issues ,it took a weekend to install about 10 hours and the customer service from Hann is first rate
Ditto. You can buy once or you can pay less and have to buy repeatedly as the cheap crappy stuff screws up and wears out. (I've refused to buy parts because they were too cheap, a complaint sellers don't often get).

I've only heard good things about Hahn, although I also took them off my list because of useless web site with zero information plus difficulty communicating. If they ever came into this century (it doesn't take much - just a web site someone updates maybe once a month plus a review of incoming email and responding every day for an hour or whatever) they'd be a real force in the marketplace.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey I am only pushing 8lbs of boost I had to of course get a new tune. Upgraded the fuel injectors upgraded the fuel pump and had to upgrade to higher stage clutch. No internals have been done yet but it is so much fun eating mustangs for lunch lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Easy Stang ya .. It was only a question about the cobalt match .. I don't understand why the solstice guys get soo butt hurt over these post .. If you have be in building for all these years you should have a 800+hp solstice .. I could go full LS V8 TURBO Swap for the price they want for solstice turbo kits ..

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Bossierboy : Horsepower costs money plain and simple if you want to go the cheap route be my guest especially in this day and age of cheap Chinese knock off parts and we will see how long your motor lasts again my point was these kits are made specifically for the car and they only use quality parts .Now to address your other comments I have no need for an 800 hp Solstice my car is set up for me and is a very practical street car that's fun to drive between the upgraded suspension and the Hann kit .I'm currently in the process of building a big block for my 70 Chevelle SS to satisfy my balls to wall the itch . You apparently have no idea what an LS swap costs I do I did a lot of research and talked to a couple of companies that do these enough said !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sting ya .. And life goes on .. I said nothing about a eBay turbo. The only issue I see with putting a t3 turbo kit together for the solstice is the o2 housing. I was just asking, the cobalts have the same motor the Hahn kits are 1800 vs 4500 . I see you're a old school bbc guy like my dad. We have Ls swap cars running 9.4's daily drivers .. No need to get into your feelings .The solstice is just another project car for me. A 4.8/5.3 turbo swap with th350 4-6k and the car will run mid 9's..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts