Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't like the bubble back window. I would love a hardtop but I don't want my car to look like a mini station wagon.:(
I want a hardtop that resembles the convertible top.:)
For those who like your design: Congratulations and enjoy!

But, I personally agree with Curlylew66, if I had wanted a station wagon I would have bought one. The ONLY way I would buy a hardtop is if it looked like the ragtop, located like the ragtop and was removable like the rag!!
JMO

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What happens if you have an accident and the glass on the top breaks? How hard is it to get replacement?

The sky top looks great! I cant wait to get one for my sky :cool:
Will you be showing the sky top at sema?

Thanks,
Marco
HR Roadster,
We will be stocking replacement parts at our facility and will make them easy to order. We will be showing pictures of the Sky top at the show. There is another show coming in the near future that we intend to have our first prototype ready for. I'll post more info about that soon.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The top design does make it look like a wagon and a little like the Chevy Nomad concept from a few years ago. Anyway, welcome to the forum and great job on the top. Not my personal style but I'm sure there are plenty others who will be interested in the extra storage capacity that your top provides. :cheers:

Can you make a sealed hard top similar to the Z0K Solstice?
JGene,
I believe that the Z0K roof attaches to the butress latches in the factory deck lid. From our point of view, this brings up two concerns. First, in case of a flat tire, getting to the jack or inflator requires removing the top. Second, the storage area would not be accessible with the top on. GM put one of the child saftey pull handles in that compartment for a reason. We have been sketching some ideas- so we shall wait and see what happens!

Thanks for the question.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
JGene,
I believe that the Z0K roof attaches to the butress latches in the factory deck lid. From our point of view, this brings up two concerns. First, in case of a flat tire, getting to the jack or inflator requires removing the top. Second, the storage area would not be accessible with the top on. GM put one of the child saftey pull handles in that compartment for a reason. We have been sketching some ideas- so we shall wait and see what happens!

Thanks for the question.

Cheers,
Matt
Matt,

I really want to thank you and your company for supporting the Solstice! :thumbs: While your product does not meet my needs at present, it is a very nice design and seems to be extremely well executed. :yesnod:

Should you, in future, develop a more "conventional" hardtop (i.e. one more closely mirroring the ragtop), you would certainly have my (increased) interest!

Regardless, thanks again for your support of our car and our forum! :grouphug:

--Chemist

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey JM,
I'll try to take some interior pictures and set up a spot in the gallery soon. I'll post when I do.

Cheers!
Matt
Hey Matt, when will a hardtop that resembles the convertible top be available?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Chemist,
Thanks for the support. To us, the Solstice is a classic design and a fun car for folks to customize.

Andrew G,
At the moment, we are only planning on offering the current Hardtop, but we are always sketching ideas.

Thanks for the questions!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
:agree:

The Sky's top doesn't have that bubbly station wagon look.
Matt,

I think it's great that people like you are out there creating new products for an emerging market. But I have to agree with some of the others' opinions: if the archline and window profile could be like the concept you have for the Sky or Opel I'd probably be talking about a deposit. Let us know if you ever change the profile.

Best of luck,
BSM

·
Registered
884 Posts
Had a close look at the product at SEMA--very sharp looking in the flesh. Very good quality, fit and finish. Impressed. Living in Southern Cal--no need for a hard top but if I lived in the rust belt, it would be a solid option to get through the winter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not trying to dis a new vendor, but I wouldn't have it if you paid me $2500. Guess I'm a purist. With all the negative feedback earlier this year when it first appeared, I still can't believe this thing is in production.
After paint, shipping cost, labor, etc., this is an expensive mod that IMO destroys the look of the car as well as negates the use of one of the cars best features . . . the convertible top! I utilize mine over 300 days/year. We paid extra for this feature and we are all paying higher rates for the privilege of driving a convertible.
For just a little more green I could buy a turbo kit!
If I'd wanted a station wagon, I would have bought a 2006 MAZDA6s SPORT WAGON with a 3.0 L six cylinder engine for thousands less.
Going to take my :chill: :chill: :chill: now!
Good luck selling these, someone will buy them.
Then don't buy it. No need to dis the vendor just because he wants to sell something different. Some people just don't know when to shut up. Moderators might wanna think about deleting useless and negative posts like this on the vendor forums.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Matt,

I really want to thank you and your company for supporting the Solstice! :thumbs: While your product does not meet my needs at present, it is a very nice design and seems to be extremely well executed. :yesnod:

Should you, in future, develop a more "conventional" hardtop (i.e. one more closely mirroring the ragtop), you would certainly have my (increased) interest!

--Chemist
:agree: :agree: Now this is a mature and respected response.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Matt,

--Chemist
:agree:

I saw the top at SEMA and agree the workmanship is very good. I like the retro look that your top gives the car. However, like Chemist your current offering doesn't meet my needs. I would highly recommend you considering a more traditional hardtop. I know you are looking for something that differentiates you from the others, but there is a lot to be said for being the first and gaining marketshare. I would prefer a top that could be removed or installed in 30 mins or less.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hello, well I saw their top at SEMA and I have to say the workmanship is very good and I would be proud to have our products represented on their car. Thanks Norm 574-255-7843

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
:agree: :agree: Now this is a mature and respected response.
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :glol:

--Chemist (I have an idea on how to do a hardtop to look like the ragtop. Any engineers out there want to sit down and talk?)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :glol:

--Chemist (I have an idea on how to do a hardtop to look like the ragtop. Any engineers out there want to sit down and talk?)
Maybe, but can a blind nut find a squirrel ?:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Interior pics

Hi folks,
Brentil posted some pics of the interior of the hardtop in the SEMA 2006 folder within the gallery. It was a pleasure meeting some of the forum members and all of the other attendees of the show that stopped by.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Website update

Hi folks,
Please see www2.edag-us.com. Thanks to 3D New Media for the all of the hard work.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Matt,
I could not find you. I got so lost in there, and not enough time to explore the south halls assuming you were there.
My car leaking oils caused two days off my trip, so I only had a total of 13 hours in there and probaly only saw half the show. Too bad, i really wanted to see your product.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh yeah??

Not trying to dis a new vendor, but I wouldn't have it if you paid me $2500. Guess I'm a purist. With all the negative feedback earlier this year when it first appeared, I still can't believe this thing is in production.
After paint, shipping cost, labor, etc., this is an expensive mod that IMO destroys the look of the car as well as negates the use of one of the cars best features . . . the convertible top! I utilize mine over 300 days/year. We paid extra for this feature and we are all paying higher rates for the privilege of driving a convertible.
For just a little more green I could buy a turbo kit!
If I'd wanted a station wagon, I would have bought a 2006 MAZDA6s SPORT WAGON with a 3.0 L six cylinder engine for thousands less.
Going to take my :chill: :chill: :chill: now!
Good luck selling these, someone will buy them.
If this mod DESTROYS the look of the car, what does the RK Sport and Kappashield accessories do to the car? It's My car and I choose to change/ruin the look as I please. If I wanted all yours IMHOs :chill: I would have asked for them. To each his own:yesnod: and too all a Good Night, LP

41 - 60 of 114 Posts