Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Andrew G,
At the moment, we are only planning on offering the current Hardtop, but we are always sketching ideas.

Thanks for the questions!

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt,

One more question. The Sky hardtop looks very different from the Sol's. Any chance the Sky hardtop would be modified for the Sol. I would definitely buy that one. Great job.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks Matt,

One more question. The Sky hardtop looks very different from the Sol's. Any chance the Sky hardtop would be modified for the Sol. I would definitely buy that one. Great job.

Thanks,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,
The Sky and Solstice actually have very different quarter panels and tail lamps, so the shapes at those interfaces are very different. Once I have launched the Sky roof into production, our team will be looking at the next product to move onto our plate. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I am keeping my eyes open to a few different ideas. We will have to wait and see what I can talk my boss into....

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Andrew,
The Sky and Solstice actually have very different quarter panels and tail lamps, so the shapes at those interfaces are very different. Once I have launched the Sky roof into production, our team will be looking at the next product to move onto our plate. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I am keeping my eyes open to a few different ideas. We will have to wait and see what I can talk my boss into....

Cheers,
Matt

Great. I think you did a great job on the new Sol hardtop, but the Sky top is fantastic. It would look very cool on the Sol. :thumbs:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Web site update

Hi folks!
Our website info has been updated. If you visit www.edag-us.com that will point you to our corporate website. When you scroll down on the right hand side, please click on the link just above the picture of the Solstice hardtop for the hardtop specific site.

Thanks for all of the feedback and we look forward to meeting more people at the supplier / press days at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit in January 2007. We will be showing a Sunburst Sky with our hardtop as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hi folks!
... as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt
Hmm... Sounds intriguing! :D Looking forward to seeing what you have for us! :yesnod:

--Chemist (still kicking things around in my head :banghead: :glol: )

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello Give them a break, Im sure there are consumers out there that this is just what they need. Thats a quality top, though it may not be to your personal taste. Have fun with your car:) thanks Norm

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hello Give them a break, Im sure there are consumers out there that this is just what they need. Thats a quality top, though it may not be to your personal taste. Have fun with your car:) thanks Norm
:agree: Plus, Matt is very accessible. Let him know what you would like to see. EDAG is certainly in this to make a profit. Let them know what you think would allow them to do that better/best! :)

--Chemist

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi folks!
at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit in January 2007. We will be showing a Sunburst Sky with our hardtop as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,

Can't wait to see this.
Will this "HARDTOP" also be availble for "in person" viewing at the New York Auto Show.

Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find it funny, I sell these cars, and never once have I ever had a customer ask, "Hey do you think they will ever make a hardtop to turn my roadster into a station wagon?", I hear more of "Will they ever make a hardtop like the S2000 and the Miata?"

Good luck with the product, I would take note from BMW, and their M Coupe, and M Roadster, there's a reason you don't see many coupes, they look like station wagons, the look is for only a very few. Whats next a 2.0 non turbo motor swap kit?

Have fun

E

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Matt,

Can't wait to see this.
Will this "HARDTOP" also be availble for "in person" viewing at the New York Auto Show.

Andrew
Hey Andrew, We are located in Detroit and it is our home market. At this point we are not planning on attending the NY auto show- although I wish we could! Based upon our corporate locations, the primary shows that we hit are the Detroit and Geneva motor shows. I don't know if our firm is considering the Frankfurt Motor show. Frankfurt is a great show. It is huge and a great time!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Andrew, We are located in Detroit and it is our home market. At this point we are not planning on attending the NY auto show- although I wish we could! Based upon our corporate locations, the primary shows that we hit are the Detroit and Geneva motor shows. I don't know if our firm is considering the Frankfurt Motor show. Frankfurt is a great show. It is huge and a great time!

Cheers,
Matt
Oh well. I hope you'll post some photos of the show.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

Cheers,
Matt
Matt, Toronto would not be off the beaten track for you (about a 4 hour drive along teh north side of Lake Erie) and since Canada is considered a colder climate might also generate sales along with interest. (I can get there in 3+/- hours compared to 4 1/2 to Detroit (that's assuming no traffic)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Matt, Toronto would not be off the beaten track for you (about a 4 hour drive along teh north side of Lake Erie) and since Canada is considered a colder climate might also generate sales along with interest. (I can get there in 3+/- hours compared to 4 1/2 to Detroit (that's assuming no traffic)
Hi achieftain!
I would love to do the Toronto auto show. I'll have to speak with our VP of Sales- he is from Windsor, Ont. I enjoy that city and it could be a fun time. Gotta check the budget! Also, at SEMA we had a great number of people from all over Canada showing up and speaking with us. One of our running jokes was that we were going to put a white Maple Leaf on the car to pacify the Canadian contingent. Probably do that right after we get pics of it with the Red Wings logo!

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi folks!
Our website info has been updated. If you visit www.edag-us.com ...
Website seems to be down. Anyone know how long it takes to install this hardtop without removing the softtop?

I know they recommend that a professional remove the softtop--any idea how long this would take for a professional, both to remove and install the hardtop, and to re-install the softtop in the spring?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Website seems to be down. Anyone know how long it takes to install this hardtop without removing the softtop?

I know they recommend that a professional remove the softtop--any idea how long this would take for a professional, both to remove and install the hardtop, and to re-install the softtop in the spring?
Hi robrecht!
A normal installation of the hardtop with two people and normal hand tools is about one hour.

As far as the removal and installation of the soft top, it may be best to check with a dealership or body shop. GM usually has a set time (book rate?) that they charge to do the removal or installation of the soft top for warranty work. To me, it would make sense that the removal time would be shorter than the installation time as there are none of the fine tuning steps involved. I will try to do some digging around to see what the rates are and if I find something I will post here. If anyone else finds the info quicker than me, please let us know!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
One possible direction on the pre-painted issue:

Do a trial run of only one color, most likely the most popular (Mysterious?).
Hi Douglas,
At this point, we are looking to sell it in primer. When we started looking into stocking it in colors, it really pushed us out of our targeted selling price. Also, color matching and time from purchase to shipment were issues large enough for us to make our decision on selling in primer. I am aware of other companys that sell some items in color and the lead time is fairly long. We want to be able to offer our customers a quick delivery of our product.

Now if it we did it for a Ford project, we could always use the line, "Any color as long as it is black"...

Thanks for the question and enjoy your Mysterious Solstice!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
A design idea?

Being a Michigan resident, I too am interested in some type of hard top. Unfortunately, the Buttress design makes it VERY hard to have a coupe looking top and maintain the current look of the car. Matt's design is one very good compromise, but obviously, not everyone is going to like the changes necessary to provide trunk access.

So here's an Idea... what about a HYBRID? A hard top with cloth buttresses? or even some type of swing away buttress that would move out of the way to allow trunk opening? The main top would look like a cloth top that had the buttresses chopped off. The buttress itself would hide the hinge that permitted it to swing out of the way for trunk access.

Matt, any chance EDAG would like to take that one on as well?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts