Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm in France and I projet to buy a OPEL GT (no SOLSTICE here)... The hardtop by EDAG is compatible with OPEL ???

Thank

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow, here's an old thread. Did EDAG ever make any of these????

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
typhoon : Wow, here's an old thread. Did EDAG ever make any of these????
They made and sold a small number of Solstice tops but only made the one prototype Sky/Opel top and didn't sell any. Most people who talked about it seemed to hate it, but I really wanted one for occasional use. I will say that they look better in person than in pictures.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They made and sold a small number of Solstice tops but only made the one prototype Sky/Opel top and didn't sell any. Most people who talked about it seemed to hate it, but I really wanted one for occasional use. I will say that they look better in person than in pictures.

Yeah, wow, after seeing that video I really could use one for an occasional wagon.

I remember being so angry back then when all we had ever asked for was a GM-style top with seals that didn't screw into the car and we got this and the first Smoothline design.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
idkfa : Yeah, wow, after seeing that video I really could use one for an occasional wagon.

I remember being so angry back then when all we had ever asked for was a GM-style top with seals that didn't screw into the car and we got this and the first Smoothline design.
EDAG is a GM supplier. There was absolutely zero chance that they would sell a product that competed directly with one of GM's. They could do it now, of course, but there is no financial justification for it, so I don't see it happening.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
EDAG sold these tops for about 3k I think. I called them awhile back when they were selling them and talked to the designer. I decided against getting one.

I do remember someone selling theirs on this forum. They did have issues with it leaking and some reinforcement needed to be added.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts