Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving home tonight with "Spirit of the Radio" by Rush playing on the stereo, my right foot firmly pressed to the floor so I could hear my modified 2.4 sing its song while I flirted with the red line and it struck me that I have had my little Sol for 8 summers now and I still absolutely love it. There has never been another car in my lifetime that makes me just want to go out for a drive. Better yet it's 8 summers old and it still turns heads. Kids still wave as I drive by. I've had 2 offers to buy it from strangers at the grocery store parking lot and instead of asking how much all I could say was no, it's my car. There are not many cars in this world that have "it" but without a doubt the Solstice is one of them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very nice sentiment sir. I am just a year past my purchase as a used car and I do love it too.

As I walk out of my office and catch my first glimpse at her in the parking lot, I still feel honored and somewhat surprised - Surprised that she is mine, and she waits for me again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
623 Posts
"Off on your way, hit the open road,
There is magic at your fingers"

And we don't mean the radio buttons! Great song; even better car. Could not agree with you more, as my sol has been clipping apexes and turning heads for four summers now.

Here's to many more miles of smiles for you my friend. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
2007 Solstice
699 Posts
I was driving home tonight with "Spirit of the Radio" by Rush playing on the stereo, my right foot firmly pressed to the floor so I could hear my modified 2.4 sing its song while I flirted with the red line and it struck me that I have had my little Sol for 8 summers now and I still love absolutely love it. There has never been another car in my lifetime that makes me just want to go out for a drive. Better yet it's 8 summers old and it still turns heads. Kids still wave as I drive by. I've had 2 offers to buy it from strangers at the grocery store parking lot and instead of asking how much all I could say was no, it's my car. There are not many cars in this world that have "it" but without a doubt the Solstice is one of them.
I agree 1,000 percent! My baby is 6 years old and I never get tired of looking at her or driving her. I have owned 64 cars since I was 16 and Celeste is my most favorite! I am SOOOOOO glad I bought her. I have never and will never regret it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I AGREE! 8 summers and I couldn't see myself without her. 120+k miles and loving every mile we drive together. (Thumbs up) on your 8th summer.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I have great tunes on my iPhone and XM radio. Problem is I never end up listening to music in my Sol as I love the sound of the engine and "whoop" of my GMPP CAI. Need to do some highway driving and listen to some "Graham Parker and the Rumour". My favorite band of all time!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I was rocking out to some Metallica the other day with the top down and stuck at a light and some poor [email protected] in a mini van looked over at me and gave me a thumbs up. we are all envyous in out sols.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Chips off the front, sandblasted rear fenders, leather a bit wrinkly where the butte-tox fight the gravity, but BellaV still makes me want to stay a one-convertible man......

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Start up and drive theme " Hey Pretty " by P O E dubbed over is fantastic ! (2 versions)
That should be a thread title in which all could contribute. A C/D with all suggested drive themes ! WOW

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Been one, I think. I will search and update.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.