Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In response to the post about badging. I liked the idea of a Solstice specific badge, sooooooo! What do you think?

I'm getting a weird feeling that I've seen this shape before. Can anyone help me here, does something like this exist somewhere?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Looks like some sort of award. I hope its not the Pontiac “There’s a sucker born every minute” award! :lol :jester

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Piippor- Looks good, just not sure it really fits the nature of the Solstice. I tried to imagine a Solstice logo as well, I too started thinking about the Sun Earth relationship. The tie in to the Silver Streaks is nice too. The problem with it for me is 1) It has a very Deco look and feel to it. It would look right at home on a 30's Pontiac, or a retro sedan like the PT cruiser style. 2) It utilizes mostly vertical elements, and a roadster is a very horizontal vehicle. Vertical can imply stability, power, piety, or advancement, but it doesn't convey motion very well or youth.

Maybe try a variation on the design in the horizontal. Turn it on it's side and break the ridgid lines out of the boundry, maybe kind of like speed lines. The Sun is only overhead to us flatworlders, and in space it can be oriented any way, so maybe there's still away to convey the Summer Solstice. I do like the design, I just think it would be perfect on a retro sedan, not the Solstice. If you try another one, I'd love to see it. :thumbs

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Maybe do something like this, but with the pontiac sign rotated of course (I'm not good with this stuff) and use it as a fender badge.
Yeah, now you're talking! Maybe turn the Pontiac arrow up (of course) and then maybe add a stylized "S" to drive home the Solstice name?? I guess I should work on one of my own if I'm going to make all these suggestions! No time now, but maybe soon. I like it though. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It looks good sideways. Just tweak the chevron and you’d be all set!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts