Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently visited calgary, alberta and decided to go one of the pontiac dealers there, hoping to see one. I've ordered a silver solstice, but have not seen one in living color. They had one, for sale - to the highest bidder I might add. Well I didn't bid, however I took some photo's. Here are a two...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
quatsch-rocket said:
I recently visited calgary, alberta and decided to go one of the pontiac dealers there, hoping to see one. I've ordered a silver solstice, but have not seen one in living color. They had one, for sale - to the highest bidder I might add. Well I didn't bid, however I took some photo's. Here are a two...
Sweet! Isn't it snowing already in Calgary?

So they just got that car and it's not SOLD yet? I wonder how long that will last!

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you look in the window of the dealership it doesn't look like snow outside. But that could just be locally for that dealership. The polish rims look nice. Maybe I should have gotten them.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
CndnSol said:
If you look in the window of the dealership it doesn't look like snow outside. But that could just be locally for that dealership. The polish rims look nice. Maybe I should have gotten them.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean it hasn't snowed :) It just means it's not on the ground anymore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes it has snowed in Calgary last week. But on the weekend and including today we have been +20c. so tops down. I picked up my new baby on Friday the 21st and I will be driving it everyday on til it snows again. not sure who the dealer is but mine is the only one that has come in at my dealer. I even beat the #1 car to come in . His is still in transit somewhere. Lucky me. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..it snowed middle last week in calgary, didnt stay, and was gorgeous all weekend. why the talk of the weather though, look at the car! i bet some people are wishing they bought silver now..

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Top down all the time........

redhot said:
Yes it has snowed in Calgary last week. But on the weekend and including today we have been +20c. so tops down.
Top down for me is year round in Sunny So. Cal...... :yesnod:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
quatsch-rocket: nice photos!

redhot: what is your VIN? You could add it to your signature to help us keep track of who you are. Just go to the top of any page of posts, select User CP, select Edit Signature, and add whatever you want, such as VIN, delivery date, color, etc, etc. That will show up on ALL posts, future, present, and past! Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
quatsch-rocket said:
..it snowed middle last week in calgary, didnt stay, and was gorgeous all weekend. why the talk of the weather though, look at the car! i bet some people are wishing they bought silver now..
Red is much better for ones who like to stick out in the crowds :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes gizmo2004 pretty sweet number and so far I am the only one in Calgary besides the one for sale. Sure I'm getting alot of looks as people drive by heads are turning mmm is it me or the car. Most likely the car. :lol:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
redhot: Jester316 said he saw a silver one at the railyard on 10/06. Then on 10/17 he said he saw a red one, which turned out to be YOURS! :)

Any idea what happened to the silver one?

What about ATeam (I think he was formerly A Team 2519) (not Ateam 77 either)? I believe he got 100710. Maybe he got the silver one?

Hope you get some beautiful days up there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Silver on is the one at the dealer. There is also a Black one in town but it is the car for a draw in a lotto thing up here. And can you believe i heard the dealer holding it is driving it till the lotto closes. So the new owner will have a car with alot of miles on it. sucks to the winner. :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
redhot said:
Yes it has snowed in Calgary last week. But on the weekend and including today we have been +20c. so tops down. I picked up my new baby on Friday the 21st and I will be driving it everyday on til it snows again. not sure who the dealer is but mine is the only one that has come in at my dealer. I even beat the #1 car to come in . His is still in transit somewhere. Lucky me. ;)
IT SNOWED TODAY!! i was out by cochrane today and there was snow on the ground. not much but it was there till about noon. cold out that way... a very cool wind this morning.

redhot... i was at mckay after your car came in. very nice. i like the red. can't wait to see the sly. i hope everything worked out for you. how is the car working out? any problems?

i haven't seen the silver one at northland. i would like to check out the car but i heard about northland pontiac. they are taking sealed bids and the highest bidder wins. that's b.s. i'm glad that i have one on order... although when i asked when i would recieve mine he told me... ohh probably spring or summer.

SPRING OR SUMMER!!! i was pretty pissed (inside) i didn't want to show anymore frustration in front of him or the rest of the staff. oh well i just hope thatall of the bugs,kinks,worms and anything else wrong with the car will all be fixed by the time that i get mine. THEY SHOULD BE.

·
Registered
245 Posts
redhot said:
The Silver on is the one at the dealer. There is also a Black one in town but it is the car for a draw in a lotto thing up here. And can you believe i heard the dealer holding it is driving it till the lotto closes. So the new owner will have a car with alot of miles on it. sucks to the winner. :(
actually the silver one that i saw went to edmonton. unfortunatly. i didn't see the one at northland come in. and i haven't been by the train yard in a few days. probably won't be for a few more either. we have been working out of town lately so...

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Oh, sorry, didn't think correctly about the lotto. You have to buy a ticket, so the car would not be free. But still, the winner pays $20 (?) and gets a Solstice with 2000 miles (er 3200 kilometers) on it, I could live with that.

But so many people buying tickets and getting nothing, that sucks. And the dealership? Laughing all the way to the bank. Wouldn't be legal here in Texas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts