Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Canada in hear that has details on it coming here... I read somewhere that it is coming inbetween June and the fall... But has anyone actually gone to a local dealer and asked...? I am going to try and go Monday and see... But thought it would be a good topic... Plus I am new here, so hello to everyone... I am pumped for this car, I hope it comes in June because I want to be taking this bad boy up to the cottage... :cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm kind of new myself but have clicked on once and while in the past.

Havn't heard anything about Canadian sales but doesn't GM market everything in Canada that is does in the States?

I'm only a couple of hours southwest of the Sault, so, heres to the Sol, ya der hey!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sol in Canada

Yes the Solstice will be available in Canada. It was at the Toronto Auto Show and GM Canada president Tony Grimmaldi said it would be priced in the "mid 20's". Availability he said would be "later this year" . I have had a deposit down for a year. Don't know yet if Canadian Pontiac dealers are going to get in on the first 1000 promotion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
PAS22 said:
Welcome to the forum! I'm kind of new myself but have clicked on once and while in the past.

Havn't heard anything about Canadian sales but doesn't GM market everything in Canada that is does in the States?

I'm only a couple of hours southwest of the Sault, so, heres to the Sol, ya der hey!
GM generally markets what they have here in the states in Canada, but there are some cars there that I know are not available in the states. Living in Chicago I have not bothered much to keep current on the discrepenceies between the 2 but I know there are a few differences. However, as far as we can tell the sol will be making it up to Canada. Also, you guys are in for a special treat since GM canada says that the sol will have a 240 hp supercharger 2.2 liter engine and a 6 speed gearbox. :lol:

Just kidding about the canada car, GM canada has yet to update their website and every month or so a newbie comes along and says they have new info the the sol will have 240 hp and a 6 speed.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Brian said:
GM generally markets what they have here in the states in Canada, but there are some cars there that I know are not available in the states. Living in Chicago I have not bothered much to keep current on the discrepenceies between the 2 but I know there are a few differences. However, as far as we can tell the sol will be making it up to Canada. Also, you guys are in for a special treat since GM canada says that the sol will have a 240 hp supercharger 2.2 liter engine and a 6 speed gearbox. :lol:

Just kidding about the canada car, GM canada has yet to update their website and every month or so a newbie comes along and says they have new info the the sol will have 240 hp and a 6 speed.
Be careful with that GM website. It is promoting the 2002 Solstice show car. The production car will not have the 2.2L supercharged engine or a 6 speed transmission. This year, only a 2.4L 177 HP engine and 5 speed manual will be offered. Although not confirmed, we are fairly certain a higher output, forced induction engine is due out in a year or too, but there are not details on it.

As for the differences in models, it seems mostly that GM changes nameplates. For example, the Canadian Pontiac Pursuit is a badge engineered Chevy Cobalt. However, the Pursuit won't be sold in the US. One definate difference is that the GTO is not sold in Canada, but that is because its bumpers don't meet Canadian regulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've called a couple of dealers in Ontario, and neither of them seemed to be to enthousiastic about taking my order. Both said that they expected the price to be around to $30,000 CDN, which surprised me, based on what I've heard. They're supposed to call me back, so I'll post if there's any new info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts