Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Aug.14 copy of Hot Rod Magazine's History of Hot Rodding. On page 146 are Pictures and on 147 it gives the run down on the Pic. it is fitted W/a ZO6/LS7. it had a 1/4 mile time of 10.99 and 133in the 1/4 ,0-60 in 3.32 with the #s it did better than a stock ZO6and some other cars. They were all the high dollar cars. The list was from Motor Trend Magazine

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks Rob for the links. Reminds me of a modern day Cobra, but much better. Maybe the boys from Bowling Green, Ky. had a hand in killing any chances of rebadging the KAPPA!

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
There has been some discussion about hot the Corvette tong inside GM was making sure that no one stepped on their turf when the decision was made to cut the Sol / Sky
Same thing was said about the Fiero program back in the 80s, so I wouldn't put too much faith unless it could be verified.

BTW, GM produced 11,647 in 2012. Sales probably down to anticipated C7 introduction that's being touted as finally being able to compete with Porsche. Jury's still out as far as I'm concerned, thinking it may take GM another generation for them to be truly considered competitive w/the worlds best.

Regardless, GM now has even a bigger hole to fill in their product portfolio w/no entry-level, 2 seat, sports car.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Price vs performance and all the other new things GM has put into the C7 Corvette makes it an extremely good competitor.
I have seen it in person and it is a great looking new generation Corvette.
Starting price is 52K.
It gets 29 mpg in the highway, all these from a 455 BHP 460 lbs torque.
Maybe down the road GM will come out with a smaller version, for now ours is that car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts