Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum, i have e-mailed one person from motortrend and the central florida autoshow. he directed me to the person to contact today 11/24. he has informed me that the solstice is there!!! i'd prefer to keep this knowledge to myself because i never now how far i might have to hunt to find one of these, but i had to share it with the rest of you. has anyone in florida talked to a dealer yet and if so do they have any clue or doing orders?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well damn, I live in Orlando. And I have a 5MP digi-cam with a large memory stick. I'm going to grab a friend and try my dammedest to get down there and fill up my memory stick :D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
brentil said:
...I have a 5MP digi-cam with a large memory stick....
It's not polite to brag about these things. :nono

I'm told it's not the size of the memory stick, but the quality of the shots that counts. :skep :jester :glol :glol :yawn

·
Registered
533 Posts
brentil said:
Well damn, I live in Orlando. And I have a 5MP digi-cam with a large memory stick. I'm going to grab a friend and try my dammedest to get down there and fill up my memory stick :D
Go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Bring back some great shots ! :yesnod

·
Registered
37 Posts
Enjoy

Have a great time and get an above shot if you can, the car looks so cool from slightly above, it shows the head support cloves and that is so cool.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for sharing Rangus, and welcome to the forum! Now, everyone in the Orlando area get out the cameras and run off to the show!

brentil said:
You realise we now expect tons of great pictures that may help clarify some more of the questions he have about the car! Have fun, and bring back plenty of images!! :D :cheers

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
You realise we now expect tons of great pictures that may help clarify some more of the questions he have about the car! Have fun, and bring back plenty of images!! :D :cheers
We're stopping on the way back to Orlando from visiting family in Tampa tomorrow. So if the Solstice is really there I'll get tons of shots. I've got a 512mb memory stick in the camera so at 1MP I can take 300+ images. And I'm going to do my dammedest to either (a) Fill the card up, or (b) Pontiac throws me off the booth :D I've got 3x optical zoom + 4x digital zoom. However Im not always the best photographer or imaginitive at what to shoot. So if people would give me ideas of what they want to see taken image wise, I'll make sure to cover all those before I just start random shooting and taking video footage :thumbs

·
4,592 Posts
Get a pic with the top up! :glol

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:
Get a pic with the top up! :glol
I'll see what I can do :D

I'm going to see if I can get any of them to give me a real answer about the SEMA no-show too.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yeah, and see if they'll open the trunk for ya, too.

Get us some detailed shots of the mechanical bits if you can. I'm curious about suspension mounts, the diff & axles, and exhaust routing. Mebbe a once and for all shot of the center gauge from a higher angle than all of the pics we've seen... just to smash any dreams I have about it being more than just a fuel level gauge (even though we've already established that it's just a fuel level gauge).

Ask them about mounting a front license plate, as in "can I remove the license plate mount without leaving evidence behind that it was ever there in the first place?"

Yeh, and a top-up pic would be great!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yeah, kind of work into it:

1. "Hey, could we see the engine?"...click..click

2. "Wow! That's a cool way the hood opens. Does the trunk open like that too?"...click...click..click

3. "That looks great! I bet it'd be easy to put the top up with the trunk open like that! Would you do that, please?"...click...click...click...click...click

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not only are we all interested in seeing the Solstice with its top up, I think most would also like to see the top being put up (and down). Try to get pictures of the sequence involved. Many thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts