Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, new here and I like the site.

Anyone pay attention to The Sportscar Club of America? If not check out their site at www.scca.org

The Solstice would be a great fit into SCCA's SSB (Showroom Stock B) class going head to head with the Miata and BMW Z4 2.5. Expect this car to be classified once it is offered for sale and expect me to consider one for the street and one for the track (or maybe one that does both!) .

If a forced induction version comes out, throw it into T2 (Touring 2) going up against Mazda RX8, S2000, Cadillac CTS-V, and GM Fbodies.

One thing that will be needed is a "trunk kit" for the Solstice that is offered by GM. It would consist of stiffer springs, better shocks and bigger stabilizer bars. The other thing needed is a hardtop because SCCA requires hardtops on SS cars...so if you're listening GM, this is what you need to do!

I can't wait for this car and I'm using the year or so of waiting as time to amass a pile o' money while I drudge to work in my 97 Lumina. :thumbs

:patriot

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
If you look at the rulebook for classification of showroom stock class, trunk kits are all but gone.

I believe SCCA has been trying to get rid of trunk kits ever since the Neon intro'd them - and in the club racing rules for SS it mentions that such kits are ineligible for competition or won't be classed after 2002 or something to that effect.

I'm sure that something like a kit can be used for T2 (? at least I think that's honda s2000 territory) class but prepare to get you a$$ handed to you - very tough class to race in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, maybe the trunk kits are T2 only. I do know that some cars are allowed certain suspension mods in SS. GM really should follow the miata lead and offer a racer's package with limted slip differentail, manual steering, better shocks and springs, and larger stab bars.

I think a forced induction Solstice could do well in T2 since the Neon SRT4 is competitive. The Solstice has the advantage of rear drive. Beating a Z28 may be another story.

We can only wish for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts