Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the word earlier this afternoon.

Car arrived nov 16th late at night and was dropped up at the dealer receving lot. The sales guy drove it back from the lot, early early this morning, about 5k back to the dealer.
I could get it on friday, but I am having it full rust proofed, and paint sealent protected. Im also getting the show n shine package, where they wax the car a few times and polish it until it is too shiny to look at it! So it wont be ready until saturday. Im unfortunately not available on saturday, and dealers are closed on sundays. Real busy with school on monday and tuesday (nov 21, 22) but on wednesday November 23 im gonna leave my lecture early and pick her up! Ill have my baby at last! I am soo hyped. I hear it may snow, so wednesday is weather permitting.

When I get it, look for a post under "Getting your Solstice" next thursday!

:lurk:

I CANT WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
WOW, that's fan TAS tic news! :party: :party:

Eighteen years old and owning a Pontiac Solstice.

Life is SWWWEEEEETTTTT.

Enjoy, good buddy!

Um, maybe you can upgrade your wallpaper with your OWN Solstice photo, eh?

I'm deleting that line from my signature! OUT OF DATE!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hahaha soon Norman, soon.
Your picture of MARiSOL is still on there until mine comes!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Way to go nice to see another one in Canada

What extras are you getting the dealer to do and why?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Congrats, dylan. :party:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats Dylan. I actually saw your car last night on the way home. It was parked outside where the black one used to be at the dealership. I was wondering who it could belong to? I guess this thread answers my question!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xyz1 said:
Way to go nice to see another one in Canada

What extras are you getting the dealer to do and why?
Im getting them to do a full rust proof and a few layers of wax and polishing so it can look its best. Why? Well I dont want to see rust on it after a couple years so I gotta do everything to protect her! Why wax and polishing? No idea, saves me the time!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CndnSol said:
Congrats Dylan. I actually saw your car last night on the way home. It was parked outside where the black one used to be at the dealership. I was wondering who it could belong to? I guess this thread answers my question!
I think you are thinking of Gus Brown in Whitby, I ordered mine from a Dealer in Scarborough. I do know that Gus Brown had a black one parked out front for a week and a half or so. He must of got a sly in? Check it out, maybe it is unsold :devil:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
that is wicked news. sorry i missed u on msn this whole week. u know where i have been.. LOL..

congrats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A convertible sports car at 18 years of age. You lucky bastard. Your gonna get more ass than a toilet seat. Take it easy, no showing off, you don't want to wreck your baby or kill yourself. Congrats. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
:party: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :party:

FINALLY!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrads! What was the cost for the Rust Inhibitor? and are you having a paint sealant applied? If so what was tho cost?
Does anyone have a comment about Paint Sealant? My understanding is that it provides a clear coating over the car and you no longer have to wax all the time? Thoughts????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations Dylan!

Now you need to send a letter to the Guinness World record people. Include copies of your birth certificate, your drivers license, your registration and a picture of you next to your car.

If your crying or smiling in the picture, that would be helpful. Extra bonus if you can do both at the same time.

Youngest Solstice owner in the world! (at least for a few weeks) :cryin: :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Whats your insurance like? $8,000?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excited said:
Whats your insurance like? $8,000?
Fortunately, the car is under my parents name, with me as a secondary driver. wink wink.

For a whole year, it is $2,100 for everything. Im insuring it for only half a year for collision, and the other 6months is for fire, theft and liability. So approx. $1,500 per 6 months.

LOL and I like your comment about getting more ass than a toilet seat!!!! That was the funniest thing I heard all week. Good call! :thumbs:

Marco said:
Now just send your birth certificate and your credientials to Guiness World Records...
I would If I could but I cant. The car isnt registered in my name... although I technically paid for it. Cant afford $9,500 insurance per year!

·
Registered
404 Posts
are you serious? that is so cheap. my insurance is gonna be over 4000 a year and it is also in my parents name. what insurance company are you using?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts