Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
suggest we all print this out and keep in the glove compartments..there are specific lift points for the solstice in the GM technical services online available at the dealers..one of our forum members posted this back in Mar...suggest we all review it

I received some information on Jacking and lifting my Solstice from my dealer.
They had to look this up on line (GM Techinical Services).

http://users.rcn.com/daniel.thompson/Solstice/Solstice Lifting and Jacking Page 1.pdf
http://users.rcn.com/daniel.thompson/Solstice/Solstice Lifting and Jacking Page 2.pdf

The lift pads are made by SPX Kent-Moore for GM.

and from Small Dealer:

There is NO letter from GM telling Pontiac dealerships to only put the Solstice on any specific type of lift or to avoid any specific type of lift.

I did double check the Solstice Service Manual, Solstice Service Bulletins and a search of active and archived GM Messenger messeges (using Solstice with lift, lifting or hoist).

The only thing from GM are the "Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle" instructions in the Solstice Service Manual, as PAO found.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Thanks to hard working Corvette owners I've found the perfect jack pad inserts for our car too (and they're cheap). They're for 2003 BMW 325ci cars actually.

Post 15 of the following thread will give you the info one needs to order them;
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=922026

Mine will arrive Thursday so I'll write up a little review of them then.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Thanks for the info. We Solstice folks should get paid for training these dealership employees.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brentil said:
Thanks to hard working Corvette owners I've found the perfect jack pad inserts for our car too (and they're cheap). They're for 2003 BMW 325ci cars actually.

notice the corvette owners stated the seem to snap into place...let us know how they work Brentil......

·
Registered
649 Posts
brentil said:

What, exactly, and from who did you order these?

Ron

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
coiran said:
What, exactly, and from who did you order these?

Ron
read post 15 on the thread posted...gives you all those details..cut and pasted:

""I purchased BMW lifting pads for the 325 and they fit perfectly in the slots (underneath the rocker panels)...best part is that they snap in and stay there and they have a low profile (which means you have to get down on the ground to see them)...check it out...search for the part and picture at this site...

Part # 51 71 1 960 752
Item is called: Jacking pad- 2003 or 2004 325ci
$6.95 each from www.bavauto.com

copy and paste the Part # in the box provided and then select 2003 for the year and 325ci for the model...

lots of C5 owners have purchased these...""

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Links aren't opening for me.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed Links

cut and pasted..instead of opening it and doing it.should work now

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I ordered two of them, kinda wish I had gone for all 4 now. I got them for track days so I can jack my car up and switch tires, which is why I only got two (one for the front point on each side). They arrive Thursday via UPS so I'll get them then and do a review after work, take some pics of them, and use them to jack the car up to put my race tires on for the first time.

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
I do not understand something here, PAO said they fit pretty well, Brentil says it ONLY fits the back jacking points.
Confuse...........
I think I'd answer my own question PAO forgot to put QUOTES around his post, his statement is for Corvette owners and not his own Solstice.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LatinVenom said:
I do not understand something here, PAO said they fit pretty well, Brentil says it ONLY fits the back jacking points.
Confuse...........
I think I'd answer my own question PAO forgot to put QUOTES around his post, his statement is for Corvette owners and not his own Solstice.
correct....was a cut and past directly from the corvette forum...go with Brentils review

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went to a BMW dealer and purchased the posts, true they do fit the back supports, but have to be turned sideways, the fronts will not fit due to the support sitting halfway on the fender/ body underneath the car. I would posts pictures but I can't find the post icon.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
first 1k said:
How much at the BMW dealer??
and a part number please...

THank you..
Frank
see post number 6 for mail order

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
some help needed

For those of you who are using a hydraulic floor jack, could you please advise the minimum height of the jack or even model. I need to get a new one because my current jack will not work on the Solstice. Would the Craftsmen aluminum race car jack with 3-3/4" minimum height work?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

·
Registered
322 Posts
Post #9 over on the corvetteforum brings up a point which I never got a clear answer to. I asked once about rotating tires and all I got was a bunch of guys telling me to take it to the dealer for that :rolleyes:

When removing more than one tire at a time, like when rotating, how do you support the Solstice on jackstands? Can I use wood blocks under the suspension arms? I guess in short, if the jack is on the pad, where do I put the jackstand?

·
Registered
203 Posts
yes

I lifted the front from the "lifting points" and put 4 x 4 blocks ( or 6 x 6 ) under the front suspension arms.
Lifted the entire rear from the differential and installed blocks at the lifting points.

FJ
:)

1 - 20 of 143 Posts