Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda pissed now..was hoping to get one for this summer now i gotta wait to drive it till next spring...i called up the pontiac dealership and they say now that the dates been backed up till OCTOBER..even the 1st 1000 people who ordered one has to wait till oct. this is horrible news!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did they say they would definitely not be arriving until October? My dealer said their memo from GM said not to create any unreal expectations and the company lne is to be delivery within 180 days as stated in the contest rules.

·
Registered
462 Posts
vextc05 said:
im kinda pissed now..was hoping to get one for this summer now i gotta wait to drive it till next spring...i called up the pontiac dealership and they say now that the dates been backed up till OCTOBER..even the 1st 1000 people who ordered one has to wait till oct. this is horrible news!!
According to the Official EOP Rules:
"Vehicle purchases may take up to approximately 180 days to be delivered based on the Dealership you order from and the vehicle delivery process."

According to my Calculations: This translates to no later then Oct. 13th.

·
5,641 Posts
mcbman said:
According to the Official EOP Rules:
"Vehicle purchases may take up to approximately 180 days to be delivered based on the Dealership you order from and the vehicle delivery process."

According to my Calculations: This translates to no later then Oct. 13th.
Actually since you want to be exact, you need to count from the end of the program April 24th. In other program info GM has taken the lazy approach to 180 days by figuring it as 6 months and using an October 24th expected final delivery date.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'm going to speak a little frank here. This BLOWS! Who in their right mind releases a roadster in the Fall?? What the hell!? I know that has been said before but this is god damned rediculios. They should have stayed the apprentice thing till NEXT season, becauase now you have thousands of people with their money down with one ordered. But as the time goes on more and more people are going to drop off and take their money back and get something else.

I put my money down around the end of March and I was told and read that July or Augest was a reasonable time to expect delivery. Now what, End of October? 8 months later? I'm going to get the car and not even be able to put the top down till NEXT summer. Good lord.

July or Augest I could deal with. I think i'm going to get my money back and buy a Cobalt SS. I've ALWAYS been a Pontiac guy. I never once thought I'd but a Chevy. It's ****ING rediculious how they can just do that and NO ONE takes responsibility for it. Is there a reason? If there is it had better be a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Guys and Gals, just relax. Like stated before in other threads, some states require a date for sale for completion of an order or sale.

180 days SHOULD be a worst case - if everything goes reasonably well, I'm sure this is just GM trying desperately to underpromise and overdeliver.

Imagine if they shaved it close, told you that you might get your car by June or mid-July, and something unexpected happens (which would be, like, totally unexpected by definition - maybe like a Category 4 hurricane at Wilmington Assembly as a way out example, or a tornado hits the top manufacturing plant). Then you get your car in October.

How ticked would you be?

Now, if it worked correctly, the dealership SHOULD have told you that by ordering an EOP car, your car would be delivered no later than October whatever - if you end up getting it at the middle of July, you're better off. If it DOES take until October - at least you were told it could take that long.

If you dealer was promising you your car earlier than that - they had no right to promise you that. And if you have been on Solsticeforum, you already know that the dealers were not supposed to promise anything on the EOP cars.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
solsticeman said:
Guys and Gals, just relax. Like stated before in other threads, some states require a date for sale for completion of an order or sale.

180 days SHOULD be a worst case - if everything goes reasonably well, I'm sure this is just GM trying desperately to underpromise and overdeliver.

Imagine if they shaved it close, told you that you might get your car by June or mid-July, and something unexpected happens (which would be, like, totally unexpected by definition - maybe like a Category 4 hurricane at Wilmington Assembly as a way out example, or a tornado hits the top manufacturing plant). Then you get your car in October.

How ticked would you be?

Now, if it worked correctly, the dealership SHOULD have told you that by ordering an EOP car, your car would be delivered no later than October whatever - if you end up getting it at the middle of July, you're better off. If it DOES take until October - at least you were told it could take that long.

If you dealer was promising you your car earlier than that - they had no right to promise you that. And if you have been on Solsticeforum, you already know that the dealers were not supposed to promise anything on the EOP cars.
It's still retarded to sell cars 8 months in advance.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The annoucement my dealer gave me a copy of this morning (which is posted in other threads in this forum) says that delivery is to take place in the "4th quarter". Someone questioned whether this was calender or fiscal 4th quarter which are too different things. If its fiscal, than delivery will be this summer as predicted and announced all along. I don't know if anyone posted an answer to this question elsewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SlipSlider said:
It's still retarded to sell cars 8 months in advance.
Who is to blame the seller or the buyer?

I would add... buying a car 8 months in advance without even had a chance to sit in it and check the ergos, steering, pedal position, etc... or even what it does look like with top up! (at least for central or north america, I know those in the south does not give a dam about it...)

I do not understand people willing to spend $25k on a photo... or a promise...

I DO understand your disappointment though, and I DO sympatize...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Everyone take a deep breath and stay calm. Remember that this is special Early Order Program for a car that won't even begin production for another six weeks or so. With the car not even in production yet, how can anyone give hard and fast delivery dates?

GM as a corporation is simply playing it safe, and trying to make sure they don't make any promises that they can't keep. They have given themselves a nice safe cushion of time, so that if problems arise during production they aren't slipping their schedule.

Everyone signing up for the EOP should have been made aware of this when they went to their dealer last week. If you don't like the way the program was structured, no one is forcing you to buy the car.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I still know someone waiting for their Lotus... or maybe he got it by now, but he has/had been waiting a fudge of a long time - and he put down $7500!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Like other people have said it would be incredibly bad for GM if they didn't come out this summer when people buy this type of car. I'll wait regardless, but I won't be very happy if the day I get it delivered there's 2ft of snow on the ground and it's -10'.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in the same boat, if the cars come in to late, I am just going to buy a cheap car to last me a year, but think of it. Maybe this delay (if it is an official delay) is to fix something serious, like, steering, wheels, or airbags, (Safety) . Maybe there adding some new features or working out some bugs that should have been working by now, but something Catastrophic happened. Maybe they can't get enough parts in, or they are the wrong parts. I know that's a lot of if's but if it's waiting a couple more months for them to get it right, then waiting it will be. The last thing I (or anyone else) wants them to do is release an awesome car with all this hype, and then something bad happens and the car dies 4 years later. They need to get this right, or pontiac is going to pay big time. They have to much riding on this car. Yes I'm in Texas, so a roadster in the winter (using that word loosely) is just fine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pontiac is going to pay if they release the car in october anyway. The issues should of been worked out now or pretty close to being worked out by now. Theyve had mules running around for a long time.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
it's who you know

my dealer called me again this am on my cell, not realizing he had called me at home on Friday. First I was told I made the wait list (wow, big deal). Today he says they were "promised" 5 preorders, and because they are an important dealership with influence, I shouldn't worry. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

·
Registered
227 Posts
You make a good point about not being able to get parts.....if you've followed the news many of GM's part suppliers are in troubled states. One of their largest, Tower Automotive, declared bankrupcy in January. GM's significant loss in market share this past year, plant closings, layoffs, cut dividends, internal restructuring, etc. leads me to believe that they are in a serious crisis mode. Failed product introductions may lead to brand extinction for either Pontiac or Buick. Who knows....GM may not survive in the new global economy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts