Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we've firmly established how to get our cars to show up. Go out of town on vacation/business! ;)

Todd Raleigh is only the most recent example of many. Looks like mine will arrive next week. Just to be sure, I've planned a trip to the Grand Canyon (OK, it has been planned for awhile... I rest my case). There is a slight chance it will get here sooner as the wife and I are going to my sister-in-law's house in San Fransisco this weekend to watch their kids so they can celebrate their anniversary at a B&B.

"Coincidentally", I found out today that my car has made it to at least Lordstown. Now as long as it doesn't get pulled back for the most recent rumored fiasco.

I could post links to every thread with evidence supporting my theory, but I digress.

How do THEY know when we are going to be out of town? :willy:

If you are still waiting for your car, and it has already been produced, I advise you to make plans for a trip out of town ASAP!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I think we've firmly established how to get our cars to show up. Go out of town on vacation/business! ;)

Todd Raleigh is only the most recent example of many. Looks like mine will arrive next week. Just to be sure, I've planned a trip to the Grand Canyon (OK, it has been planned for awhile... I rest my case). There is a slight chance it will get here sooner as the wife and I are going to my sister-in-law's house in San Fransisco this weekend to watch their kids so they can celebrate their anniversary at a B&B.

"Coincidentally", I found out today that my car has made it to at least Lordstown. Now as long as it doesn't get pulled back for the most recent rumored fiasco.

I could post links to every thread with evidence supporting my theory, but I digress.

If you are still waiting for your car, and it has already been produced, I advise you to make plans for a trip out of town ASAP!
Murphy will either be sad at being displaced or happy to have company! :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I would try it, but since my car hasn't even been preferenced yet, I don't think it will work. :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Leaving......

I'm leaving tomorrow, already notified "Cricket" for an update. Hope this works! :lol: :leaving:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
It worked for me to ensure the car arrived, although it did wait until I got back, even though the airline (with a mechanical difficulty) did try to prolong my time away which might have had the effect of car arriving while out of town. How much of Delta does GM own? :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes, there does seem to be a certain simultanity

achieftain said:
It worked for me to ensure the car arrived, although it did wait until I got back, even though the airline (with a mechanical difficulty) did try to prolong my time away which might have had the effect of car arriving while out of town. How much of Delta does GM own? :lol:
Happened to me too, got back from the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society Fusion Engineering conference on Saturday night, and got the call Tuesday afternoon.

There might be something to this, but it's more like that "spooky action at a distance" that we see in Quantum Mechanics.... ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Happened to me too, got back from the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society Fusion Engineering conference on Saturday night, and got the call Tuesday afternoon.

There might be something to this, but it's more like that "spooky action at a distance" that we see in Quantum Mechanics.... ;)
I think it has more to do with the theories related to flocks of birds and schools of fish and how as a group they act and react. As this forum grows we are approaching threasholds where very strange things can happen.

And with your Nu-kleer knowledge are you going to install a flux capacitor in the little cubby between the seats? I see a BTTF4 in the offing. :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
achieftain said:
I think it has more to do with the theories related to flocks of birds and schools of fish and how as a group they act and react. As this forum grows we are approaching threasholds where very strange things can happen.

And with your Nu-kleer knowledge are you going to install a flux capacitor in the little cubby between the seats? I see a BTTF4 in the offing. :lol:
Well, we are working on smaller Fusion systems, and the goal really is to have something like "Mr. Fusion"..... Stay tuned. ;)

I did get the license plate "FUSN SCI" for it. :cool:

But first, I've got to get a roll bar into it so I can get it out on the track.... :yesnod:

·
Registered
233 Posts
2KWK4U said:
:( Didn't work for me as I have gone out of town twice. I just got back from the most recent trip on Sunday night, and prayed that it had been delivered. Oh well, I think my Sol is truly lost. :cryin:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hope it works!

My wife is out of town for a couple of days - maybe that will convince our car to show up - of course she was in California for two months and that didn't help it get here! :willy: :willy: :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
676 Posts
nope---didn't work for us either. went out of town TWICE---still waiting. I think our car is on the same train as mssleepr--just going up and down the track somewhere. Next out of town trip will be to drive the new car somewhere very south of Wisconsin to find warm weather.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I can somewhat say the law works. I knew mine was comming in and I had to go to a doctors appointment over 60 miles away and had to spend half a day out of town until I could go get my car. Granted not that long of a period but when you had to wait 2 years for the car any extra wait is agonizing.

·
Registered
936 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Do to our great love for our cars we have created a sole connection to our own Solstice. The creator of our cars has the ability to tap into that connection and gets great pleasure in planning its arrival when we are out of town if they don't like what we have said about them on the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Thanks, Bing. I'm out of town on a star...

Would you like to swing on a star
carry moonbeams home in a jar
and be better off than you are
or would you rather be your car

A car is designed right and it looks pretty good
but it can't be delivered though it would
To make the people crazy is it’s only thought
and though it’s a concept, it will still get bought
but then if that sort of life is what you wish
you may grow up to be a Solstice

And all the Solstices aren't in the bay
you can spot quite a few on the way
so you see it's time that you say,
you could be better than you are
you could be swinging on a star

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Our very talented Solli4me, that is pretty good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Out of town...

I think the same is going to be true for me. I've been sitting home on the weekends hoping that I would get the call that my #765 magically made it to the dealership.

Got a call from the sales manager yesterday that my car should be at the rail yard in California on Saturday; possible delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday (10/12, almost 6 weeks exactly from build date).

I'm leaving town for Yom Kippur Wednesday. Looks like my Sol may be on the showroom floor for a weekend. :skep: Hmmm....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I know from experience that ignoring your lawn care and keeping your present car in the garage while lurking on this forum so much that all your neighbors think your on vacation doesn't work. How does GM know??

Maybe it's my Internet connection. Ya think if I routed my dial up through a Las Vegas area code it'd help??? :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Are you talking 'bout me? I look out the window every 20 minutes and say to myself: Gotta go out there and fertilize. It's going brown." :lol:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Maybe it's my Internet connection. Ya think if I routed my dial up through a Las Vegas area code it'd help??? :willy:
Try routing through a New England code ... I hear they dont know that place exists. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts