Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be answered somewhere else, but do we know yet about leasing a Solstice ? Residual values ? Rates ? GMAC ? Banks ?
By the way, saw a silver one (Cool) in Pentwater, MI a couple of weeks ago driving through town --- very, very nice !

·
5,641 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
This may be answered somewhere else, but do we know yet about leasing a Solstice ? Residual values ? Rates ? GMAC ? Banks ?
By the way, saw a silver one (Cool) in Pentwater, MI a couple of weeks ago driving through town --- very, very nice !
Nothing yet from GMAC. The Solstice is still not listed on their online Residual Value Guide. Standard GMAC Retail Installment Contract rates also apply to standard GMAC SmartLease and GMAC SmartBuy deals. SO your dealer can give you those, although they can vary by credit worthiness.

I think there is a chance that parts of GM still think they have a little time before the Solstice hits the streets and needs residuals.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What about purchase finance rates? Considering people are getting their cars now, what are the rates? any body know? thanks in advance.

·
5,641 Posts
Excelsior said:
Rates are decided by the market AND your credit rating as well as your location.
Correct. There are different GMAC branch areas, so that is one variable. Along with volume and dealer markup.

So that they may accept more buyers and assign rates equal to perceived risks, GMAC has rate tiers for their approvals. "A" through "E" and a "S" rate for the best credit scores. They work like steps. For example here in our area, "A" is 1.01% more then "S", "B" is 1% more then "A", "C" is 2.45% more then "B", "D" is 5% more then "C", and "E" is 8% more then "D" or the state rate limit if less. Also "D" & "E" are limited to 60 months. GMAC is just under where some of the national and large banks in our arear are, but above some of the small banks or credit unions. While GMAC does offer a Direct Pay (EFT) program, there is no discount in rates like a bank can offer you. They are also changing their online site, so there may be future changes in payment options coming.

The rate is the same for Retail Installment Contracts (regular payments), GMAC SmartLease, and GMAC SmartBuy deals.

I would not expect any reduced rate GMAC offers for regular allocation Solstices. Simular to what is currently going on with GTO.

UPDATE Solstice will officially have no rebate and no reduced rates. Now listed on dealers incentives programs with an update 8/19/05. SmartLease/SmartBuy programs where also updated, but have no SOlstice infomation.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
So what are the latest GMAC finance rates for the tiers. I tried to find any rate on their site and failed.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
So what are the latest GMAC finance rates for the tiers. I tried to find any rate on their site and failed.

Because of the different variables, I just wanted to post the outline of the system. Dealer's finance department or even your salesperson should be able to give you a starting rate. Shouldn't have to Ask more then 8 times.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks. I have pretty great credit score so hopefully I can get "S"

·
Registered
1 Posts
solstice lease

Westbadenboy said:

Spoke with GM today....new rates and residual due out monday aug.22

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Nothing yet from GMAC. The Solstice is still not listed on their online Residual Value Guide. Standard GMAC Retail Installment Contract rates also apply to standard GMAC SmartLease and GMAC SmartBuy deals. SO your dealer can give you those, although they can vary by credit worthiness.

I think there is a chance that parts of GM still think they have a little time before the Solstice hits the streets and needs residuals.
Small Dealer, can you give the pros and cons on a smart buy?

·
5,641 Posts
jtmrjt said:
Spoke with GM today....new rates and residual due out monday aug.22
There was a new updated SmartBuy/SmartLease incentive program released and effective today, Friday the 19th. Still dosen't include the Solstice.

Will keep an eye out for Monday for updates.

·
5,641 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
Thanks Small Dealer ............
Either jtmrjt or I will figure it out eventually. :)

·
5,641 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Small Dealer, can you give the pros and cons on a smart buy?
Will try to work up something soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts