Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, and I've looked to see if there are any local groups in different areas of the country. I couldn't find anything. I thought it would be good, while everybody is waiting for their cars, to try to get some organized. It will be fun to have gatherings, road rallies, etc. I live close to Nashville, TN, and I was thinking of getting something going in this area. Maybe one of the moderators would let me know if there has been any talk of this in the past. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
There's been a little talk but nothing yet. There's a poll going on somewhere on general location of country.

Once the cars come out this will take off a little more. Right now we just sit in this forum and chat all day :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
This is what I was thinking that when the car comes out we should have region specific sections of the forum for people to arrange meets. Like Southeast, Northeast, West coast, Midwest, etc... And then all the people from that area could go there and talk and arrange meets. Best example I can think of is my other forum (240sxforums.com) but you have to register there to see the forums I believe. I am planning on starting like a weekly or maybe bi-weekly get together of all the Sol owners here in Jacksonville.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dori-san said:
This is what I was thinking that when the car comes out we should have region specific sections of the forum for people to arrange meets. Like Southeast, Northeast, West coast, Midwest, etc... And then all the people from that area could go there and talk and arrange meets. Best example I can think of is my other forum (240sxforums.com) but you have to register there to see the forums I believe. I am planning on starting like a weekly or maybe bi-weekly get together of all the Sol owners here in Jacksonville.
I believe there are plans to add regional sections to the forum, as well as a number of other sections that will be needed once the Sol finaly hits production. Just stay tuned. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great idea, but these cars are going to be spread so thin that you'll have trouble getting more than a few poeple together at any one time unless you go for larger geographic areas, with fewer meetings. For example, I wouldn't mind getting involved with Dori-san's Jax group, but they'll be 90 minutes away (and on the other side of a couple of the most infamous speedtraps in the South), so I won't be attending meetings weekly or bi-weekly. Maybe quarterly, and it'll be a highlight for me.

You'll probably find that most folks will have some interest, but won't be the diehards like we are here. They might make a special trip every several months, but that'll be it. You'll have a core group and a bunch of people on the fringe, from perspectives of both geography and interest.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
That was in the works too. Just a few guys get together in town here, and then an annual regional meeting, so there can be a big shindig where people from all of FL come together and GA and AL and NC/SC and all have a BBQ or something.

Like with the 240 group, there are about 10-20 guys here in town that get together once a week. (I don't go anymore, I haven't been in a year since I got into trouble with the law for hanging out with them. Long story... don't ask.) But they mostly just post on a local Jax 240 forum. However, the 240sxforums people were planning on getting a big gathering at the Admins new house, he lives in Atlanta. We were all gonna go to his house for a big BBQ.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Group meet nomination.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I want to re-iterate for this thread. Once a year, perhaps more, at least the Solsti owners in the Southeast(but all are welcome), we meet at the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee and NC.

For those who don't know what I speak of, go here:

Tail of the Dragon

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I remember you talking about that. I am so up for it. As a matter of fact, the week that I get the car I plan on taking a trip to my family's house that's just 30 minutes south of the Tail. I'm gonna pack a small bag and take a weeks vacation, just me and my new car! I was also thinking how cool it would be to have an annual get together where everyone could come stay at our house on Santeetlah Lake. I can just imagine the greatness to see our driveway overflowing with 6-8 Solstices!

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
dori-san said:
my family's house that's just 30 minutes south of the Tail.

I was also thinking how cool it would be to have an annual get together where everyone could come stay at our house on Santeetlah Lake. I can just imagine the greatness to see our driveway overflowing with 6-8 Solstices!
Solsti gathering at a lakefront home in NC then heading north and running the Dragon?!?! WICKED!!! :yesnod: :D :party: Get enough of us together and Killboy will be taking a LOT of pics for his site :

Killboy.com

(For the uninformed, Killboy is an area resident around the Dragon who heads a team of friends that take pictures of people who run the Dragon and post them on his site for people to order prints of. Hey everybody needs a hobby, right?)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like the SouthEast has it's stuff together!

And maybe, eventually, we can organize a national get-together like the f-body mailing list used to have in Memphis every year. (Heck, maybe they still do, I've been out of touch with those guys since 2000, or so.)

Tail of the Dragon sounds cool. We've stayed at the Pisgah Inn http://www.pisgahinn.com on the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple of times. It's a beautiful part of the country.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's not exactly lakefront. It's quite a ways up from the lake, but it does overlook it.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
dori-san said:
It's not exactly lakefront. It's quite a ways up from the lake, but it does overlook it.

Oh, LakeVIEW house, oops, sorry, impulsive me. That's still cool, though.

This talk reminds me. Have to check killboy's site dilligently after getting word of the first 1000 being delivered. Wonder who the lucky bugger will be to take the first Solstice on the Dragon? (Hope it isn't also the frist Solstice to get "Bit by the Dragon" either)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I believe there are plans to add regional sections to the forum, as well as a number of other sections that will be needed once the Sol finaly hits production. Just stay tuned. :)
On a slightly different note, I would GLADLY moderate the SE section! ;)

I tend to be a major forum whore when it comes to my cars, so you can expect me to be on here nightly for at least 2 hours per night. And when the car comes out I'll probably spend even longer. I bet I'll probably have 2000+ posts by the time my 1 yr anniversary comes around. :D

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dori-san said:
On a slightly different note, I would GLADLY moderate the SE section! ;)

I tend to be a major forum whore when it comes to my cars, so you can expect me to be on here nightly for at least 2 hours per night. And when the car comes out I'll probably spend even longer. I bet I'll probably have 2000+ posts by the time my 1 yr anniversary comes around. :D
17 more days and will be the one year since I signed up. I've only got about ~3500 posts now. That first 1000 is the real hurdle, after that they jsut fly by. :D

There's a large grouping of us from FL too. We could possibly have a seperate FL club inside of the SE region. Cause I would love to get together with people, but I'd prefer not to have to drive to GA every time to meet (unless we're going to Rhobling Track of course :D).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd be interested. Anyone else in the Portland, Oregon area?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thought: The Florida group(s) should have a get-together in Sebring. It's centrally located (ok, a little south, but not too far for the Orlando, Tampa Bay, and SE & SW Florida folks) and has great historical significance. They (the SCCA?) still have the races there, right? That would be pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts