Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original luggage rack, only used twice on our 06 Sol..which we sold this past Dec....this one will not fit if you have Factory OnStar/XM sharkfin antenna, or spoiler....

asking $100 and will include a roll top waterproof duffle bag that is half as large as the entire carrier....would could pack two smaller bags inside this one and still have room...would carry this bag and two canvas folding chairs on the rack with no problems for long weekends

rack is in Frederick MD but can deliver or meet anywhere in NOVA/DC area if anyone is interested. email or pm if interested..thanks for looking...

Paul

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just one final bump....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
Paul I know is been few years for this from the time you post this but it those hurt asking
You you still have or own the luggage rack your were sale in
Im interest in buy one
I have purchased a gxp solstice a few months ago and I'm doing some research trying to find one but
The luck is not in my side I couldn't be able to find one
If you some or were I could find one please let me know
It would be very helpful

Best regards
Ben

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ben the Original Poster has not been seen on the site sense Aug 2011, so I would not get my hopes up on this item. Just FYI

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I have one I would consider selling. It is in like new condition, repainted original color, tie downs have been re chromed. I paid 500.00 originally for it. It was garbage when I got it. I have over 900.00 in the thing. I would take 700.00.

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
I think original post is about the Kappasphere rack as it does not work with shark fin antenna. What skersfan has is the OEM GM bolt in luggage rack. Pic attached of it on my Sol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Northern Sol is correct, mine is the silver color. I can get pictures if someone wants them. I bought it to put on the wifes car, but she never drives the thing. So don't see the point in putting more money into it.

Honestly a really nice one normally goes for about 500 to 550 it seems, but I had to have mine painted and the tie downs rechrolmed. They were in terrible shape. Not really looking to sell it but will. I think I have the installation kit.

The following pictures are of the one on my car.

These are extremely rare. But do add to the car over the strap on chrome things that came along afterward.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
For what it's worth, I don't have issues with my Kappasphere rack interfering with the XM/OnStar antenna... but some people think that I have mine on backwards. Ben.GXP - don't give up the search, these racks show up in this forum's classifieds and on e-bay once in a while. I love how easy it is to install and remove them.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Normally for safety reason the rack would indeed be the wrong way around. But Kappashere specifically states in the installation manual that this rack can be reversed.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
The racks originally came in black and silver. Same silver as the windshield frame and tulip panel.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I was mistaken when the poster called the rack OEM. The metal racks were not OEM. Kappasphere had them made and then DDM bought out Kappasphere.

The OEM model is a plastic similar to the front fenders I believe. They were available in silver or black I believe. I have had three silver ones. Never actually seen a black one.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
RedOne07 - I'm just following the lead of our forefathers from a simpler time...

Reactions: RedOne07

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Same one shown in the pictures Northern Sol and I posted. I painted the one on my car yellow. The extra one I have is exactly like the one in the photo above.

The tie down loops, which you can see are chrome originally. Those are what I had re chromed.

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Next to my tonneau the GM luggage rack is one of my favourite mods. Also looks really cool IMO.👍

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Redone07 they were never made in Chrome. You might be able to chrome one now with the new paints and things that they have. Sorry

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Sorry I meant silver (never know how to see difference between silver and chrome) as the image and part number in my previous post and below. Will edit my post.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts