Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
I watch for them and they do not appear very often. I bought the last one off of Craigs list and the guy would not take paypal. I paid 515.00 for it plus shipping. He would not refund my money. It arrived like it had been rolled in a dryer for a month. Just really beat up with paint chipped off of it. nothing structural broken or damaged, just looked like junk. Was very hard to get the original paint off. I bought this one over a year ago. One thing anyone looking for one is that they are a bling addition, not truly a useful addition. They will only hold 25 pounds according to the warning on the piece itself. But the look is cool and it will draw attention to your car. I had thought about putting graphics of an engine under it for awhile, making it look like a mid engine car. It would have been fun, but never did it.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
It’s like me paying $502.50 plus shipping for the brand new in a box tonneau. It was through eBay with paypal so I never had to worry about the transaction. The item arrived and the vendor was true to his word. It is brand new in the box with all the pieces.(y) It now has a place of honour in my storage locker where I can stare at it in the box ( I already have a tonneau so it is a spare). Back to the luggage rack. I have NEVER seen one come up for sale new in the box with all the pieces. Therefore I think what you are asking is more than fair. These are so rare.(y)

I agree that it looks sweet and is bling. However I disagree on usefulness. I bought a motorcycle tail bag ( Rob the Elder’s idea) and have used it on many road trips with my wife. I am able to fit all of my stuff into it and then the wife uses rest of storage in trunk and behind seats for her stuff.:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
It was quite obvious someone had used this one. I assume it will carry the weight, but it is like strapping something on the hood and not expect some damage. I did not buy mine for use so it still looks like it did the day I put it on. I was building a trailer to carry the other half's crap, but it fell by the way side. We are so busy with the Covid crap, we seldom have time to do anything and try to stay home on the weekend. She had to work last weekend, so I took the grand son with me on the run. I realized during the run, that I am really losing interest in this hobby. So a lot of things maybe going soon. Including the car. I really do not have a place to keep it and the storage facility just raised the price to 250 a month for it. It costs a lot just to own it and if I don't drive, why keep it. Although it has been promised to the grand son, so maybe daddy can store it. Doubtful he still has the first dollar he ever earned I think.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
It was quite obvious someone had used this one. I assume it will carry the weight, but it is like strapping something on the hood and not expect some damage. I did not buy mine for use so it still looks like it did the day I put it on. I was building a trailer to carry the other half's crap, but it fell by the way side. We are so busy with the Covid crap, we seldom have time to do anything and try to stay home on the weekend. She had to work last weekend, so I took the grand son with me on the run. I realized during the run, that I am really losing interest in this hobby. So a lot of things maybe going soon. Including the car. I really do not have a place to keep it and the storage facility just raised the price to 250 a month for it. It costs a lot just to own it and if I don't drive, why keep it. Although it has been promised to the grand son, so maybe daddy can store it. Doubtful he still has the first dollar he ever earned I think.
Hopefully you have a change of heart about keeping the “Skypel”. She is stunning. You are also a valued member of this forum. I understand though about time and cost. When I sold my coupe last fall it was due to not having enough time to enjoy and take care of two Sols. Like you I was also paying monthly to have a storage space. It was running me $225 per month. I get it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts