Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Pontiac has hinted at adding some additional colors to the Solstice pallet. Here is my take on two colors that they could offer. I even named them. :yesnod:

Serene (Steel Blue)
- Unaffected by disturbance; calm and unruffled.

Candid (Yellow)
- Characterized by openness and sincerity of expression; unreservedly straightforward.

What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
stang said:
Okay, Pontiac has hinted at adding some additional colors to the Solstice pallet. Here is my take on two colors that they could offer. I even named them. :yesnod:

Serene (Steel Blue)

Candid (Yellow)
- Characterized by openness and sincerity of expression; unreservedly straightforward.

What do ya think?
Honestly, too boreing. I hope the next color out isn't yellow.

I'd like to see that blue-green metalic colour they have on the Grand Prix GXP make it's way to the solstice.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mceb said:
I like the blue but yellow is a little too highlighter. You missed your calling in Marketing with the names stang ;)
I actually majored in Marketing at college. I currently work for a small Web Development company. So it comes in handy.

If a certain car company would like any more ideas or feedback on upcoming models and features, just PM me! ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like Serene a lot. That would look good on the Sol.

Personally, I am not keen on yellow anything. However, yellow is a popular Corvette color. The Cobalt SS and Colorado Sport also comes in yellow. Seems maybe a segment of the performance market like yellow. And we all want it clear the Sol is a performance car.

Frankly, I really want to see some more interior colors. There was a nice light blue and cream interior concept a while back. Some ultrasuede offerings to fit in between cloth and leather might be nice.

·
Registered
397 Posts
stang said:
...Candid (Yellow)
- Characterized by openness and sincerity of expression; unreservedly straightforward...

What do ya think?
How 'bout calling it "jaundice" :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
hughfwolfe said:
And again I say go see what Lotus is doing with their car. The colors are vibrant and alive... not your grandmothers old buick :lol:
So buy a Lotus.

The light blue looks good on this car (is there a colour that doesn't?)

Yellow, don't think so the car will look like this :) coming toward you.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
The light blue looks good on this car (is there a colour that doesn't?)

Yellow, don't think so the car will look like this :) coming toward you.
I'm not a fan of yellow cars myself, but their seems to be several people on this board that would go 'bananas' for a yellow Solstice.

Still hoping for a Serene Solstice! Hmmm.. maybe I'll make that my signature. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
stang said:

Serene (Steel Blue)

Candid (Yellow)

What do ya think?
just hope they don;t turn into "I'm so Blue"
and "Lemon Yellow"

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
stang said:
Another one for you yellow lovers. Here is ad of a yellow Sky, which I assume is the same yellow they will use on the Solstice.
Don't get me startedabout the lack of yellow. There's a reason this is named after me => :brentil: Ok, it wasn't because of the color yellow being missing, but still... :D

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
brentil said:
Don't get me startedabout the lack of yellow. There's a reason this is named after me => :brentil: Ok, it wasn't because of the color yellow being missing, but still... :D
I always wondered why that one was named after you? What will you do if they release Candid (along with my Serene ;) ) before '07?

a) :brentil:
b) :cryin:
c) :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
stang said:
I always wondered why that one was named after you? What will you do if they release Candid (along with my Serene ;) ) before '07?

a) :brentil:
b) :cryin:
c) :willy:
All 3 at once, :brentil::cryin::willy:

:brentil: came about due my short temper with newbies and their inability to use the search feature.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am looking for orange to be added we can call it Burst.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts