Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That is strange. I had assumed that the production version would be making the rounds of all the major (and maybe minor) shows to garner early orders. I had guessed that it'd be, at least, at all the southern shows (show a roadster "where the sun always shines"). Maybe it will be added on the updates. But I see the Nomad hasn't been taken off the circuit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just because it's not on the website does NOT mean it won't be at the show. The website isn't the best, but I would bet my custom avatar that it will be there. Spoke to some reps a month back....said it would be there. Also, there is no way Pontiac would not have it at the show, (biggest on the west coast) while they are planning it for a mid '05 release.

If I am wrong....well then I'll just have to lay down at the Pontiac Display and start kicking and screaming.....and then start crying.
:nopity

But seriously, the website is not inclusive.

·
4,592 Posts
is anyone going to the first day of the LA show? If so, please post right away if the sky and solstice is there, if so, I'd mke the drive.
Thanks

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I cannot imagine GM not having it there. The only good reason for not having it there would be if they only had one show worthy production spec car, and it is the one going to Detroit. However, by this point I would imagine they could have a couple ready for the show circuit.

·
4,592 Posts
will anyone be going the first days and be able to confirm the sky and/or solstice is there, if so I'll make the drive?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll let you know. I'm planning on going the first weekend.
Cross your fingers.

·
4,592 Posts
Awesome, I'll be on the lookout for your post!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
When does the LA show begin?
The week before NAIAS (Jan 7th). Strange the Sky mentions it will be at LA but all the other info says the unveiling is at Detroit the week later?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
The week before NAIAS (Jan 7th). Strange the Sky mentions it will be at LA but all the other info says the unveiling is at Detroit the week later?
Maybe they'll show it but not go over a lot of information about it. Get people worked up to come to NAIAS to see it for the official release.

15 days till LA Show
17 days till NAIAS Press Show
23 days till NAIAS itself

Forget this christmas thing, I want my Solstice/Sky info!!! :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Is the beginning of the LA show press days too? Or is the Jan 7 date open to the public! If they are press days, they could embargo the Sky appearance at LA until Jan 9 when they release it at Detroit. If not, I guess some people will get an early glimpse, but the official unveiling would still be in Detroit.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If they do happen to have it there we need some volunteers in the LA area to snap some photos.

I've setup an area in the Gallery just for the Los Angeles show. Any members can upload to that space for the rest of us to drool over.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jan 7. is the opening to the public. I'll go try and get some pics for everyone. Whooooo, the pressures on.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
gonnagetone said:
Jan 7. is the opening to the public. I'll go try and get some pics for everyone. Whooooo, the pressures on.
They better be the best pictures ever, adn you have to take at least 500 of them. :D just kidding, hopefulyl you can get some good ones.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm going to the LA auto show

If I don't have to go to some stupid work staff dinner (belated christmas dinner) I will be at the LA auto show Jan.7th 2005 woooooo hoooo. That Solstice better be there :banghead . I will make sure to take my digital camera and get pics of both the sky and solstice. I can't wait I'm a week and a half away from seeing the solstice. :patriot

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
If I don't have to go to some stupid work staff dinner (belated christmas dinner) I will be at the LA auto show Jan.7th 2005 woooooo hoooo. That Solstice better be there :banghead . I will make sure to take my digital camera and get pics of both the sky and solstice. I can't wait I'm a week and a half away from seeing the solstice. :patriot

Hope you get to go, and definitely try to get some good pictures! Have lots of fun!! :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
My wife and I will be there on Wen or Thrs. We dont like big crouds so the weekends are out. But the week days should be better :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
My wife and I will be there on Wen or Thrs. We dont like big crouds so the weekends are out. But the week days should be better :D
Have fun!

Are you going to bring us back some pictures? Please?!? :blueangel

1 - 20 of 36 Posts