Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
$24,675 for me,everything except on star and xm satellite radio.
$22,899 invoice so the markup is $1785.00 not much compared to other cars.
Minus $3,000.00 in GM card earnings makes this car very affordable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Summersolstice, what options are you getting that adds up to $24,675? That's $300 over my order and I thought I got it all. Only thing I can figure is that you ordered the 6-disc CD radio.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2dr Roadster (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
What Others
Are Paying

MSRP Invoice
National Base Price
A note about advertising fees $19,420 $18,158 $19,420
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - $0
Optional Equipment $4,680 $4,166 $4,680
VK3 Front License Plate Bracket N/A N/A N/A
C60 Air Conditioning $960 $854 $960
ZQ2 Power Package $625 $556 $625
PCQ Premium Package $590 $525 $590
US9 AM/FM Radio w/in-dash 6-disc CD Changer and MP3 Player $495 $441 $495
QF8 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels $495 $441 $495
ZQ3 Convenience Package $465 $414 $465
JL9 Four Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes $400 $356 $400
UQ3 Monsoon Premium Speaker System $395 $352 $395
G80 Limited-Slip Rear Differential $195 $174 $195
B32 Carpeted Floor Mats $60 $53 $60
1SA Standard Equipment $0 $0 $0
Color Adjustment - - $0
Not Sure
Destination Charge $575 $575 $575
Total with Options $24,675 $22,899 $24,675

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do the dealers know the option prices yet?

My dealer was very open about the base price of the car, but insists that they do not know the pricing on the options yet. Have the prices been officially released or are all the prices from Edmunds.com or other online sources? Is there a place that the dealer can check to get the official prices from GM? Lastly, could my dealer be trying to pull a fast one on me to get more money from overpricing the options?

·
Registered
177 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
My dealer was very open about the base price of the car, but insists that they do not know the pricing on the options yet. Have the prices been officially released or are all the prices from Edmunds.com or other online sources? Is there a place that the dealer can check to get the official prices from GM? Lastly, could my dealer be trying to pull a fast one on me to get more money from overpricing the options?
The dealers have "PRICE BOOKS" Automotive Pricing effective 3/21/05 for the Solstice MSRP...They agree with Edmunds. Salesman gave me a copy.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
The dealers have had pricing available for the Solstice for I believe over a month now. The prices at kbb.com and edmunds.com show the MSRP and the Invoice as well. Sounds like you're dealer either has no clue what they're talking about, or they're trying to pull a fast one on you.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
Welcome to the forum! Those prices on edmunds (and KBB) should be accurate, based on what GM reported to those sights. Your dealer must have missed the pricing information when it came out, or misplaced it.

PS, welcome to the forum!

GNS said:
The dealers have "PRICE BOOKS" Automotive Pricing effective 3/21/05 for the Solstice MSRP...They agree with Edmunds. Salesman gave me a copy.
Just curious, but what dealer are you getting your car at?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Welcome to the forum! Those prices on edmunds (and KBB) should be accurate, based on what GM reported to those sights. Your dealer must have missed the pricing information when it came out, or misplaced it.

PS, welcome to the forum!

Just curious, but what dealer are you getting your car at?
Cu'n

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just curious, but what dealer are you getting your car at?[/QUOTE]

The dealers name is below. They seemed really nice, said that they would sell for MSRP and even said I could back out of the sale for any reason. Then again I walked in and said that I would like to order a Solstice, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are telling me what I want to here.

This site has been really awesome for information. Thanks to everyone who has posted. It is good to have joined.

KING O'ROURKE BUICK PONTIAC GMC
PORT JEFFERSON STATION , NY 11776 -1302

·
Registered
146 Posts
option prices

Edmund's MSRP Invoice What Others Are Paying

Total with Options $24,675 $22,899 $25,627

I was told under 25,500 but no details...

The sales/rep at my dealership never got back to me on option costs...

Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
hojopa said:
Edmund's MSRP Invoice What Others Are Paying

Total with Options $24,675 $22,899 $25,627

I was told under 25,500 but no details...

The sales/rep at my dealership never got back to me on option costs...

Thanks for the link!
The total with options :
$24,715 is every thing except ON-Star and XM.
Most people forget the smokers package option of $40.00.
$24,675 + $40.00 = $24,715.00
On-Star when available I believe is $695.00
XM radio adds $325.00.
$24,715.00 + $325.00 = $25,040.00
Now lets say ON-Star can be order then:
$25,040.00 + $695.00 = $25,735.00 This is the price fully loaded with Shark Finn and pimple added.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Question for those who have placed orders at dealers. It sounds like some folks here don't have definate answers on the price of the vehicle they ordered. Is everyone getting something in writing stating the details of the order and the price? It seems to me that I would not plunk down deposit money without having it writing and a document to show for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told that EOP dealers agreeded to sell these cars at MSPR. I assume that this means they can not charge over or under MSPR.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
EmmoJoJo said:
I was told that EOP dealers agreeded to sell these cars at MSPR. I assume that this means they can not charge over or under MSPR.
By the rules of the EOP program dealers were stronly encouraged to sell for MSRP, there was actually nothing in it forcing them to.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It would be best for anyone with an order in to have some sort of price on paper. Pontiac has released pricing, so everyone should have their MSRP price based on options. From there, they should get in writing what they will actually pay, whether it is straight MSRP, so much under MSRP, so much over invoice, etc. In fact, that goes for any factory order. You don’t want surprises the day the vehicle arrives!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I also had my dealer annotate that the deposit was fully refundable if I decide I don't want the car. The EOP rules state that deposits are refundable, but the dealer's standard order form had a blurb that it was not. So I got it in writing. Better safe than sorry, right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts