Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a short segment on Behind the Wheel (CNBC) on hot convertibles for the summer, one of which was the Solstice. I have never seen the Solstice in motion! While a very short segment, the Solstice favored well.

It was in the company of the Mustang, SLK350 (what is with the cup holder placement on the 350?) and Mini Cooper. I don’t know the rules on posting televised video but if anyone is interested, I can edit the clip and send it via email.

·
4,592 Posts
:thumbs:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is it on at the begining of the show? I saw the Charger and the Daytona bit.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
2:46 right now, it just went to commercial and had a bit of it on the screen and said "still to come" so I think we're good! I hope someone can get it online for all those that are going to miss it though, I'll see what I can do as I'm recording on my TiVo right now...

·
Registered
905 Posts
It was at the end of the show. The interrior looks like the darker almost black/sand leather combo hopefully all our of cars have that combo.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Danno said:
Can you post it here? Any moderators to comment on the legalities??
We've done it before so think it's fine. We can't host the file because it's too large but usually someone does and puts up a link.

As far as review goes....

Was shown in last 5 or 10 mins of the show (although they teased it several times including the beginning of show).

Mark Phelan of the Det Free Press looked at 4 convertibles, Solstice, Mustang, SLK350 and Mini. He picked the Solstice as "head turner" of 2005. He raved about it (although he also raved about the other 3 too ;) )

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh my God. Just watched the show (TIVO). There is a teaser at the beginning that will make your mouth water, another alittle over half way and the main segment at the end is a killer. The car looks sooooo great and as the hosts say, "....this is definitely the head-turner of the summer".... "Ferrari would be proud to have designed this car." It is going to be worth whatever wait we have. Mine the week of August 8 according to my dealer.

·
4,592 Posts
DCLocal, or anyone who has it one video, please post it here:

http://putfile.com/

it's a free place to host up to 10mb, then link it here!

·
4,592 Posts
DCLocal said:
Thank you for the upload link RODEO, what a cool service. :thumbs:

You can view a quick and dirty edit of the Solstice-only content from today’s “behind the wheel” show here courtesy of putfile.com.
Yeah, that's a great find, I'll give credit to miatajim, he is the owner of the MSM forum, and he dropped a link to putfile.com there. It is very good for forum people to put files on.

Thanks for posting the video DCLocal! That was a very good clip, glad to see it. I can't wait to see one on the lots, hopefully when I see one, it won't have a $5K dealer markup!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was out all day... what a treat to come home to. Thanks :thumbs:

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day holiday :patriot:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It was wild seeing the Solstice next to the other 3 cars. It has such a unique look :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
dori-san said:
Ew. From now on lets try using http://yousendit.com it allows files up to 1 GIG!
Nope, bad idea, yousendit only stores the files temporarily:
quote from yousendit:
"Your file will be deleted after seven days.

putfile will keep it there indefinately as long as the file is pinged once in a while, it may be removed if not pinged for 6 months, much better for sharing in the forum world. But nice find on yousendit for other uses.

So, if the file is within the limit of putfile, it woul be better there.

BTW, ew??? There's no one I like more than people who openly share knowledge, and nobody I walk away from faster than those that do it only by insulting other person's contributions (whether warranted or not)!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe that's my car. However mine will look slightly better with me behind the wheel. :) SWEET! :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts